Tirana being described as a Colourful and Vibrant Metropolis is an understatement. I used to be right here to cap off my 2-month European Tour (I can’t consider I’m saying this like a rock star haha) and truthfully, I wasn’t anticipating a lot from it. Properly, fewer expectations, extra enjoyable! This turned out to be one of many highlights of my journey!
Other than being welcomed by Diplomat Resort with a Deluxe Triple Room with a Couch Mattress, I additionally met my Portuguese good friend Joana who I haven’t seen for three years!! We walked across the metropolis and she or he took me to all the nice eating places on the town. YUM!
Tirana is Albania’s largest metropolis and is properly located between the Dajti mountain and the coastal plains. Tirana is without doubt one of the locations in Europe that are lesser identified to vacationers, thereby protecting it virtually unspoiled with all of the vacationer traps you’ll discover in virtually each European Metropolis– exorbitant admission charges for nearly the whole lot, sky-high costs for accommodations & points of interest, in addition to costly drinks and meals in each single restaurant, amongst many others. Anyway, right here’s a information on what you are able to do on this vibrant metropolis in three days.
SOME FACTS ABOUT TIRANA
Languages spoken: Official language is Albanian however lots of people communicate in Italian. English is extensively spoken too particularly by the youthful generations
Forex: Albanian Lek– 1 Euro is roughly 125 Lek
Visa Requirement: A number of Entry Schengen Visa or legitimate US Vacationer Visa or UK Vacationer Visa
European Borders: Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Greece
WHAT YOU CAN DO IN TIRANA, ALBANIA IN three DAYS
- Be a part of a Strolling Tour – Strolling across the metropolis is sweet however seeing it from a neighborhood’s perspective who’s educated in regards to the place and all its landmarks will flip an already good day to a unprecedented one! Regular stops embody the Skanderbeg’s Monument, the Pyramid, the Nationwide Museum mosaics, the Blloku, the Archaeological Museum, the Clock Tower, Ethem Bey Mosque, and the Presidential Palace. In case you don’t really feel like becoming a member of one, discover an Audio Information on the World Vast Net. It really works just about the identical and a few of it’s at no cost!
- Eat out on the Blokku Space! – When in Europe, it’s at all times a battle to discover a good restaurant with respectable costs and I’m so blissful that it’s not the identical in Tirana! Glorious eating places are all around the metropolis with costs that received’t break the financial institution. The Block Space (domestically generally known as Blokku) have a number of eating places which made it on my Eat Listing: SALT (the unli-sushi night time is unforgettable. Additionally, the chef is a Filipino!), Metropolis Artwork, Test Level, Sada, Padam, Period Restaurant (all of that are eating places and pubs the place you may get cocktail drink). For conventional delicacies, strive the Sofra E Ariut Restaurant. It’s fairly an fascinating space bustling with life and colour. There are many retailers so ensure to convey some further $$$. The villa of the previous dictator, Enver Hoxha, can be simply round.
- Go to the Bunk’Artwork Museum – This place was a bunker from the chilly conflict and is now magically reworked right into a Modern Artwork Museum. Undergo the artwork items and also you’ll get a glimpse of Albania’s tough previous.
- Take a cable automobile or hike to Mt. Dajti – For a divine view of town, going up the mountain is at all times a good suggestion. Simply exterior the Bunk’Artwork Museum is the cable automobile publish to Mt. Dajti. Like what I stated, the view is magnificent from up there and I counsel you catch the candy sundown from the highest! When you have extra time, it’s additionally good to remain right here for an evening and make your strategy to the Cave of Pellumbas early within the morning.
- Take a breather on the Grand Park- This isn’t your bizarre park. Other than the inexperienced grass and century-old bushes, you’ll get to see a big synthetic lake and the tombs of a few of Albania’s Nationwide Heroes which embody writers and politicians. It’s at all times a pleasure to simply be at peace and stroll round.
- Take a Daytrip to Durres – Only a 30-minute drive from Tirana and also you’ll attain Durres, a coastal city the place you’ll discover good seashores. You’ll be able to completely spend the entire day simply mendacity by the seashore, swimming, and snorkeling. Once more, you probably have extra time in Albania, I counsel you keep longer right here too! It’s fascinating to see the Roman Amphitheatre and several other Roman Baths right here.
WHERE I STAYED IN TIRANA, ALBANIA
To wrap up my European Journey, Diplomat Resort in Tirana (located 1 km. away from the Foremost Boulevard) was type sufficient to host me for two nights. They gave me a Deluxe Triple Room with a Couch Mattress bustling with Gold, Crimson, and Blue full with all of the temper lights which seem to me like a room impressed by 50 Shades of Gray (too unhealthy Jonathan wasn’t right here hahaha simply kidding). The ambiance of this room is completely attractive, romantic, and fascinating!
The room is 30 sq. meters with the whole lot I wanted for a cushty keep– Tea/Espresso Maker, Minibar, Big Rest room & Tub with Toiletries, Bathrobe, and Contemporary Towels, Security Deposit Field, TV, Hairdryer, Iron, Fridge, and Heater, amongst many others. The mattress and the pillows are very snug and the bedpost with curtains is wonderful! Girls, didn’t all of us dream of getting this after we have been younger?
The breakfast buffet is unimaginable. They’ve a wide array of freshly cooked meals and the espresso was actually good. Joana and I completely loved our hearty meal. Too unhealthy I can’t eat an excessive amount of as I’ve been overeating this previous 2 months. Haha! Other than the attentiveness and utmost hospitality of all of the employees particularly the receptionist and the son of the proprietor, Mr. Fabien. My favourite half in my keep on this resort is my 2-hour Therapeutic massage, Physique Scrub, and Hammam, positively one the most effective ones I had throughout this 19-country journey and belief me, I can inform which one is sweet or not as a result of I’ve had quite a bit already haha. It was a stunning keep and I’d love so that you can have the identical expertise in Tirana as I had. Click on right here to verify their newest charges! 🙂
1) What rooms have they got in Diplomat Resort?
They’ve a Single Room, Triple Deluxe Room, Twin Room, Double Room, and Double Deluxe Room.
2) Have they got every other packages?
Sure! With the rooms you ebook, you too can get: A. Enterprise Bundle which provides you an entry to the wellness middle and use of the new tub; B. Romantic Bundle the place you’ll arrive together with your room adorned with flowers and petals, Contemporary Fruits, Breakfast in mattress, and Candlelit Dinner; C. A Metropolis Break Bundle which features a Sightseeing Tour in Tirana; and D. Luxurious Getaway Bundle which lets you have a 30 minute therapeutic massage per particular person, a complimentary bottle of glowing wine, in addition to a breakfast personally delivered in your room.
three) Are pets allowed?
four) Have they got an airport pick-up?
Sure, and it’s for 20 Euros. It’s the identical as taking the taxi from the airport so I counsel you’re taking it to alleviate your self from the stress of haggling :p
5) How a lot is the room fee?
Test the newest room charges from the Resort’s Web site, Reserving.com, or Tripadvisor.
6) Have they got Strolling Excursions?
Sure, they do however for a price in fact 🙂
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!