There are a whole lot of movies which are related to a sure locations — with regards to Singapore, although there have been many movies about it earlier than, the Hollywood blockbuster ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians‘ which hit the theatres up to now months has been fairly the craze as of late!
Based mostly on the 2013 novel by Kevin Kwan, the film is about plenty of insanely wealthy Chinese language Singaporeans however focusing extra so on a pair named as Rachel and Nick. Principally, the latter hails from an especially rich household and the previous didn’t know something about it till they each go to Singapore for a marriage. This complete storyline has been a success for lots of people so in case you have the burning want to see the locations that have been shot within the film, I hope this information will be of assist to you.
In spite of everything, you don’t should be loopy, wealthy or Asian to go to the next Instagrammable movie places on ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’!
High 10 Instagrammable Movie Places on Loopy Wealthy Asians
#1 Changi Airport
Changi Airport from Shutterstock.com
Proper from the second that you simply land in Singapore, you’ll be greeted by the ‘World’s Finest Airport’: Changi. Rachel’s response within the film is very similar to every other customer who has set foot in its expanse; in any case, the airport is usually a complete vacation spot in itself!
With sprawling indoor gardens, gazillions of retailers + eating places, an infinity pool, and a FREE film theatre amongst MANY others, you possibly can absolutely spend a day right here and never get tired of it. If you would like an in depth information for this, come take a look at my ‘Singapore Layover‘ publish.
#2 Gardens by the Bay
This futuristic backyard served as the situation for the ostentatious wedding ceremony after-party of Collin and Araminta within the ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ film. With greater than 500,000 vegetation and about 18 Avatar-like Supertrees, this might absolutely take anybody’s breath away! It has its attraction within the day however if you wish to escape the warmth and see the Supertrees in all its glory, it’s finest to return after the solar units.
To e-book entrance tickets for this as part of your Singapore layover, go right here. Take be aware that there are a LOT of sights right here however notable of that are the next…
- SuperTree Grove: These Avatar-ish bushes mild up at evening and have a music and light-weight present at 7:45PM and eight:45PM day by day! It’s even doable to have your dinner inside this SuperTree and really feel like a contemporary Tarzan and Jane (or Jake Sully and Neytiri, consistent with the Avatar really feel).
- Cloud Forest:This options the world’s tallest indoor waterfall at 35 meters in addition to a scenic mist-filled Treetop and Cloud Stroll!
- Flower Dome: That is the most important glass greenhouse on the earth as listed within the 2015 Guinness World Information!
- OCBC Skyway: Positioned 22 meters above the bottom, that is a tremendous stroll that goes by way of the Gardens and offers you a fantastic view over the Marina Bay skyline as properly.
#three Merlion Park
Positioned at One Fullerton, you’ll discover right here the enduring Merlion, a legendary creature with a lion’s head and the physique of fish — a extensively used mascot of Singapore. Rightly so, this location has been extensively proven within the ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ film.
In reality, when Nick requested Rachel an vital query, the scene was filmed on this space. (To be exact, they have been on the picturesque stone steps that’s beside the close by Esplanade Park.)
#four Newton Meals Centre
Singaporeans are enthusiastic about meals and you’ll discover among the finest delicacies in its hawker centres!
NOTE: A ‘hawker centre’ is usually an open-air complicated that homes a wide range of stalls that promote cheap native meals.
Within the ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ film, they featured the well-publicized Newton Meals Centre which has a medley of Asian cuisines that the town is thought for. A few of the stalls that you have to take a look at are: Kee Fried Oyster Omelette (for the oyster omelette), Quickly Wah Fishball Kway Teow Mee (for fishball noodles) and Chong Pang Huat (for hen wings).
Different meals centres which you can take a look at can be Lau Pa Sat, Previous Airport Highway, Chinatown Meals Avenue and Maxwell Highway.
Chijmes from Shutterstock.com
Previously a convent and a college, this 19th century construction now homes an array of bars and eating places.
There’s additionally a operate room or occasion house within the property by which Collin and Araminta’s glamorous wedding ceremony was filmed for the film. At the moment, it nonetheless stays to be a well-liked spot for wedding ceremony photoshoots and celebrations particularly with its white structure.
TIP: When you’re right here, don’t overlook to drop by Whitegrass for its up to date menu picks.
#6 Sentosa Island
This served as Collin’s bachelor social gathering venue for ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ — in actuality, this serves extra like a getaway for locals provided that its full of enjoyable and recreation!
Listed here are simply among the many issues you are able to do right here…
- Common Studios Theme Park = Transcend the world of cinematic leisure to benefit from the seven themed lands right here in Singapore’s very personal Common Studios! (E book your tickets right here).
- Skyline Luge: Journey this enjoyable half go kart and half toboggan-like sled by way of two completely different trails. That is the one Asian web site of New Zealand’s well-known luge exercise. (E book your tickets right here).
- Resorts World Journey Water Cove: Escape the summer time warmth and go to this must-see attraction in Resorts World! Your younger ones will love the Riptide Rocket and Rainbow Reef! (E book your tickets right here).
#7 Marina Bay Sands
That is an iconic resort complicated that faces Marina Bay in Singapore and it options The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands mall, a museum, two massive theatres, eating places, Crystal Pavillions, art-science reveals, casinos and a lot extra!
It’s no marvel that this landmark has been featured for a number of instances within the film, ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’. In reality, some of the sought-after places would be the constructing’s infinity pool (the place the place Nick and Rachel’s after-party was held, full with some synchronised swimming extravaganza).
- SkyPark Statement Deck = Offering breathtaking panoramic views over the town, this remark deck additionally has the world’s longest elevated swimming pool with a vanishing edge (a.ok.a. the infinity pool I discussed) that’s situated 191 meters above floor. (You may solely swim in it although in case you’re a visitor of the lodge; however nonetheless and the identical, this can be a good spot to be in and you should buy entry tickets by way of this hyperlink which already features a free FunVee hop-on-hop-off bus move).
- Spectra Gentle Present = That is a tremendous outside mild and water present that’s displayed alongside the promenade. The present occurs at 8PM and 9PM on Sunday to Thursday, and at 8PM, 9PM and 10PM on Fridays and Saturdays. (For those who ask me, it’s higher to observe this present from the opposite facet of Marina Bay Sands).
That is the place the place Rachel and her finest buddy had a dialog in regards to the former’s ‘mother-in-law’, and you’ll love not solely the seafood fare from this restaurant (which is known as as Humpback) but in addition the picturesque road that it’s on which is known as as Bukit Pasoh Highway.
Discovered inside Chinatown, this Instagrammable stretch is lined with stunning Peranakan shophouses which have been preserved over time. When you’re right here, you may also drop by ‘The Studying Room’ which is simply throughout the street (a espresso home by day and a bar by evening).
#9 Raffles Singapore
As you will notice on the ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ film, Nick and Rachel have been checked in to this luxury lodging which serves as a reminder of Singapore’s previous colonial heritage.
For those who don’t have the finances to shell out $10,000 (yikes!) for an evening at its Presidential Suite (as soon as the lodge opens once more in 2019), then absolutely a go to to its lush foyer and bar can suffice. In any other case, in order for you a lodge that’s extra reasonably priced but not skimping on consolation and elegance, test by Citadines Mount Sophia!
#10 Ann Siang Hill
Ann Siang Hill from Shutterstock.com
That is the attractive road that Eleanor from the ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ was passing by way of whereas she was on her strategy to meet Rachel at a mahjong parlor.
As a customer, I’m certain you’ll love its scenic road that’s full of refurbished bars, shophouses and eating places. For those who’ve bought the time, don’t overlook to take a look at the underground bar known as as ‘Operation Dagger’.
I hope this checklist will encourage you to have your individual ‘Loopy Wealthy Asians’ impressed tour in Singapore! Let me know the way it goes for you!
Did you want this text? Observe me on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube and be notified about my latest posts and updates!