We’re heading into the Northern Lights season (November-February) and my associates are already posting unimaginable photographs from Alaska and Canada. I used to be instructed just lately by a tourism official that if I’m curious about seeing the Northern Lights, I ought to obtain the free My Aurora Forecast app. It’s supposedly one of the best app for locating and monitoring the Northern Lights (as written in Ian Livingston’s “Poutine and Stargazing on the Jasper Darkish Sky Pageant“).
The app (at the moment solely out there for iOS) is designed for each vacationers and severe aurora watchers. It tells you what you wish to know: “whether or not that’s precisely how probably you’re to see the aurora borealis or particulars in regards to the photo voltaic winds and high-resolution solar imagery.” My Aurora Forecast helps you to, as written within the App Retailer:
- Discover the present KP index and the way probably you’re to see the Northern Lights in the US or the remainder of the world.
- View an inventory of one of the best areas to view from proper now.
- Map exhibiting how robust the aurora is all over the world, primarily based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Free push notifications when auroral exercise is predicted to be excessive.
- Forecasts for the subsequent hour, a number of hours and a number of other weeks so you may plan your Northern Lights viewing lengthy upfront (topic to climate circumstances).
- Photo voltaic wind statistics and solar imagery.
- Tour info so in the event you’re contemplating to go to areas corresponding to Iceland, Sweden, Finland and even Alaska or Canada, you’ll be capable of discover excursions that we are able to suggest to you.
The feedback on this web page are usually not offered, reviewed, or in any other case permitted by the financial institution advertiser. It’s not the financial institution advertiser’s duty to make sure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Word: The editorial content material on this web page is just not offered by any financial institution, bank card issuer, airways or resort chain, and has not been reviewed, permitted or in any other case endorsed by any of those entities.