The Dominican Republic has been our house for shut to eight months now and being the sailors that we at the moment are, we’ve got to maintain on crusing. We’ve met a wonderful crusing neighborhood right here who ended up being like our household however similar to that, we needed to transfer ahead to our subsequent vacation spot this December. We had superb recollections with them and there’s no different option to have fun this friendship we’ve had than by having a ‘trip’ whereas we’re on a trip.
Good factor Casa Blanca Las Terrenas in Samana invited us to their 6-Bed room Beachfront Villa so we requested our associates Crusing Satori, Crusing Roxy Canine, and Archipelago Sail to return alongside. It’s the right timing because it’s Thanksgiving within the US and it’s the primary time we’re celebrating it! Right here’s a journey information on this stunning city of Samana and a fast evaluation about our keep in Casa Blanca Las Terrenas. Will I like to recommend it? We’ll see about that! 🙂
WHERE EXACTLY IS SAMANA?
Samana Province is situated within the Dominican Republic’s Northeastern shore. It’s the identify given to the province, the Peninsula, and the magnificent bay. This province is additional divided into Sanchez, Las Terrenas, and Samana which is additional divided into three Municipal Districts referred to as the Arroyo Barril, El Limon, and Las Terrenas. They’ve unbelievable small cities with stunning seashores.
Nearest Airport: El Catey Airport (Samana Worldwide Airport) is situated 50 kilometers from the city of Samana
BEAUTIFUL THINGS YOU CAN DO IN & NEAR LAS TERRENAS in SAMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Samana is an enormous province within the Dominican Republic the place you’ll discover stunning and secluded seashores which function magnificent sunsets, enormous waterfalls, picturesque mountains and what not. Right here’s what you are able to do on this extraordinary place.
- Go Humpback Whale watching- Do you know that in the course of the months of January-March, roughly 2,500 Humpback Whales come to Samana to mate and beginning?? I wager it’s a wonderful factor to see I counsel you propose your journey forward throughout these months. This isn’t one thing you’ll see in all places and even in the event you discover them someplace else, I wager it’s gonna value you extra (the Dominican Republic could be very low cost!).
- Have an Ecological Tour on the Los Haitises Nationwide Park- One of the vital stunning spots in Samana is that this 618 sq. mile Nationwide Park boasting with magnificent rock formations, sequence of caves, an enormous space coated with mangroves, and is house to a number of chook colonies. No marvel this has been chosen as one of many filming places for Jurassic Park. It’s magnificent!!
- Go horseback driving to El Limon Waterfalls- This is likely one of the hottest Waterfalls within the Dominican Republic. Our tour was organized by Melvin, the son of the caretaker of the villa and it was one of many highlights of our keep! We went horseback driving (however one in every of our associates received a mule which is a crossbreed between a donkey and a horse) and it was excellent! We needed to do it for 1 hour every manner and a 15-minute hike to the principle waterfalls. You wouldn’t consider that we solely paid 11 USD every for this!
- Go to the beach- Samana prides itself with its secluded and nearly untouched seashores. The closest from Casa Blanca Las Terrenas is the unique Estillero Seaside which is true in entrance of the property. Playa Las Ballenas is the place you’ll discover some leisure and eating places serving contemporary catch alongside the shore. Solely 10-minutes away from the property is Playa Bonita which is ideal for kitesurfing and browsing and is taken into account as the very best seashore in Las Terrenas. Playa Coson is one gem that till now stays untouched and unspoiled. The most well-liked is Playa Rincon identified for its towering cliff and as an ideal snorkeling website. Playa Portillo, alternatively, is a very remoted and essentially the most distant seashore in Las Terrenas. No matter your style for seashores is, there’s actually one for you right here!
OUR 5 AWESOME NIGHTS STAYING AT CASA BLANCA in LAS TERRENAS
Casa Blanca is a family-owned 6-bedroom luxurious villa who, judging from the inside, has a terrific sense of favor. We had a tremendous Thanksgiving dinner with our associates and with the total kitchen we had been capable of cook dinner superb dishes. For appetizers, we had ready Cranberry Feta Pinwheels, Chips and Dip, and Cheese and Crackers. For the principle course we had Roasted Turkey with Gravy and Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Sage and Sausage Stuffing, Broccoli Casserole, Candy Potato Casserole, accompanied by rolls and bread. A meal isn’t full with out a dessert and we had Cheese Flan and Apple Pie for that.
Anyway, listed below are a number of the many issues we cherished about our keep.
- It’s a beachfront property- Only a stone throw away from the property is the Estillero Seaside, one of the vital pure and calm seashores on the Samana Peninsula Coast. It’s a excellent place for morning walks and romantic nights.
- The lavish villa- All 6 double bedrooms are lavish and are geared up with ensuite loos, all with superb sea view. Casa Blanca means white home and simply as it’s, the whole lot within the villa is sparkly white with some blue particulars to present you that excellent coastal vibes. The backyard, in addition to the eating and residing space, is huge!
- It’s pet-friendly – We love our pets and so do they! We had been so completely satisfied that we had been capable of take our cats right here. Even our associates introduced their canine and we had been greeted by the villa’s resident canine! It’s very good to take all of them on a trip with us!
- The fully-equipped kitchen- Whether or not you’re right here for just a few days and even for just a few weeks, you certain received’t get hungry. Simply take all of your groceries with you and also you’re sure to organize a great meal on their open kitchen. I’ve cooked lumpia and adobo whereas our associates introduced turkey and pies. YUM!
- You possibly can have a personal cook- In case you’re too lazy to organize meals by yourself or for no matter motive, you possibly can at all times ask for a personal cook dinner to organize your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In our case, it was the stunning caretaker named Dora who ready a Dominican seafood meal throughout one in every of our dinners. We purchased contemporary lobster and fish that’s been delivered immediately by the fishermen in entrance of the home. Would love her to cook dinner most of our meals however our American associates determined to cook dinner our Thanksgiving dinner which is nice as a result of they’ve a fully-equipped kitchen.
- The each day cleansing service- We positively had a personal trip with the companies of a lodge. The each day cleansing service is nice and each after every session, the villa seems to be precisely the way it was the primary time we received there.
- The heated pool- A trip wouldn’t be full with out taking a dip at a pool. Casa Blanca is big and is heated! So no matter time of the day you resolve to swim, you certain shall be heat.
So will we suggest it? WE DEFINITELY DO! Should you’re an enormous group touring to the Dominican Republic, I extremely suggest you to go to Samana and keep at Casa Blanca Las Terrenas. Many because of the stunning proprietor, Monika, for having us! Additionally, large hugs to Melvin and Dora for the hospitality. It was one hell of a trip in Samana! ♡