Vienna is called the Metropolis of Music for its musical legacy. It’s additionally been named the very best metropolis on the planet for its high quality of life, and it has stunning structure… so it’s no marvel that individuals love visiting. And whereas visiting this metropolis isn’t low cost, it’s nonetheless pretty reasonably priced when in comparison with different main European capital cities.
On this Vienna journey worth information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, points of interest, alcohol, and different issues that you simply’ll expertise whenever you go to this “most livable metropolis in Europe.”
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our metropolis worth guides.
Common Every day Prices for Visiting Vienna
These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embrace issues like large nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t overlook to price range additional for these “non-essentials.”
Every day Price of Finances Journey in Vienna: €62 (Approx. $70)
- Points of interest: €12 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €25
- Breakfast: €Four
- Lunch: €6
- Dinner: €11
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €Three.50
- Transportation: €2.20
- Lodging (Hostel): €24
Every day Price of Frugal Journey in Vienna: €40 (Approx. $46)
- Points of interest: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €15.50
- Breakfast: €2 (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €5 (avenue meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €7.50 (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: €1 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low cost Hostel): €19
Vienna Attraction and Museum Costs
Points of interest in Vienna can get a bit of dear, particularly if you wish to see a number of issues. Nonetheless, the town is attractive, so you’ll be able to fortunately spend your days sipping espresso at a sidewalk café. Try the Vienna Go if you happen to plan on seeing a number of points of interest (see our Vienna Go Evaluate for a extra in-depth take a look at this sightseeing move).
- Kunst haus Wien: €11-€12
- Museum of Navy Historical past: €6
- Kunst Historisches Museum Wien (Artwork Historical past Museum): €15
- Belvedere Palace and Museum: €Eight-15, relying on galleries/areas chosen
- Imperial Treasury of Vienna: €12
- Schonbrunn Palace: €14.20-€17.50
- Strolling Excursions: Free-€50 (Various thematic excursions can be found for Vienna, together with meals, beer, and for the Vienna Opera Home)
Vienna Meals Costs
Usually, meals in Vienna can get pretty costly, however there are nonetheless loads of price range choices. Scope out the great worth choices earlier than you head out for the day otherwise you would possibly danger spending greater than you’d like. Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Finances.
Conventional Viennese meals contains wiener schnitzel (breaded and fried veal), tafelspitz (boiled beef), and sauerkraut. Markets positioned all through the town supply contemporary fare and ready-to-eat objects, plus they supply an genuine Vienna expertise.
Finances Breakfast: Free-€Four
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are typically overpriced, so skip these usually.
- Cafés are standard and customary – the Viennese love their espresso. Mokka (espresso), verlangerter (espresso and water, also called a Café Americano), and einspanner (double espresso with whipped cream) are frequent. Count on to spend €1.75-€Three.
- Breakfast – at Café Merkur or some other hole-in-the-wall café – will run from €1.50 (for a pastry) as much as €Three-€5 for a full breakfast unfold.
A Few Finances-Pleasant Breakfast Spots
Finances Lunch: €Three.50-€6
- Tremendous price range vacationers could make a brilliant low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of euros.
- Go to one of many metropolis’s markets – Naschmarkt, Brunnenmarkt, or Carmelitemarkt – for contemporary meals and items.
- Small cafés supply takeaway for open-faced sandwiches, schnitzel, and fries. €1.50-€6, relying on what you get.
- Buffet Colloseum (on Nussdorfer Strasse Four) is advisable for its old-school canteen really feel and low cost, nice meals.
- Pita, falafel, schwarma from a cart will run round €Three.50-€5.
Finances Dinner: €Four-€10
- Just about all of the choices from the ‘Finances Lunch’ part above additionally apply for dinner.
- Conventional Austrian schnitzel will value €7.50-€14 relying on kind.
- Once more, the town markets are a sensible choice for affordable, ethnic (Asian, Greek, Center Jap) meals. €5-€Eight for a meal at one among Naschmarkt’s stands, or €6-€10 at a stand-alone place (Maschu Maschu is advisable for falafel and sides).
- Wiener Deween is a buffet-style place the place you pay what you need: principally Pakistani meals, and standard amongst vacationers and college students (buffet is obtainable all day).
- Pizza runs €Four-€7 at native locations.
A Few Finances-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Joints
- Gasthaus Elsner: Cozy family-run restaurant serving up good conventional dishes at reasonably priced costs — strive the Wiener schnitzel. Widespread with the locals as nicely.
- Bitzinger Wurstelstand Albertina: An excellent standard spot for sausage — very busy at lunchtime.
- Vienna Sausage: You may’t go to Vienna with out getting a sausage.
- Schnitzelwirt: Tremendous standard restaurant serving up genuine dishes.
- Gasthaus Kopp: Nice conventional Austrian meals at strong costs. Widespread with the locals.
- Kolar: No frills pita sandwiches and beer.
- Schachtelwirt: Conventional meals served in takeaway containers. Nice for a fast lunch.
- Berliner Doner Wien: Glorious kababs for below €Four.
- Aera: A strong selection of typical home-style Vienna’s meals.
- Swing Kitchen: Fairly good burger chain.
Drinks and Alcohol
- Count on to pay about €Three.50 for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs about €1 and a bottle of wine about €5.
Vienna Transportation Costs
Vienna has an awesome public transportation system so that you gained’t have to fret about getting across the metropolis. Town gives a Vienna Go that gives entry to all of the transit networks in Vienna’s inner-zone (metro, prepare, tram, and buses) in addition to discounted or free entry to museums and points of interest. By the best way, if you happen to get caught and not using a ticket the penalty is €105… so it’s not well worth the danger.
Tickets for Vienna’s public transit system will be bought by the journey or by length.
- A single journey is €2.40
- 24-hour move: €Eight
- 48-hour move: €14.10
- 72-hour move: €17.10
When buying tickets, airport switch tickets can be added for €10.
Airport transit from metropolis middle (bus, taxi):
- by way of taxi: ~ €45
- by way of bus: €Eight
- by way of Metropolis Airport Practice (CAT): €12/single, €19/round-trip
- First hour free, with €1 for 2 hours, €2 for 3 hours, €Four for 4 hours, and €Four for each hour thereafter.
Vienna Hostel, Lodge, & Rental Residence Costs
Lodging costs in Vienna aren’t too dangerous. Hostels are surprisingly reasonably priced and there are an excellent variety of price range resorts. Airbnb can also be standard within the metropolis, in order that’s an excellent possibility in order for you a bit of extra space and privateness.
Hostel Costs: €19-€28/Evening
It is best to price range about 22€/evening per particular person for a good hostel — though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. In order for you a non-public room, count on to pay €55-€90+ whole (for 2 folks), so it’s most likely a greater deal to lease an residence. Try the most recent hostel costs at Hostelworld since costs are all the time fluctuating.
The Finest-Rated Hostels in Vienna:
Finances Lodge Costs: €90-€150/Evening
A good price range lodge that’s within the metropolis middle will value round €90-€120/evening. You could find cheaper resorts if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of the town or if you happen to don’t thoughts staying in a brilliant low-budget place. We propose testing Reserving.com to see lodge costs to your dates since they’re all the time altering based mostly on demand, time of yr, location, and many others.
Rental Residence Costs: €55- €100/Evening
You gained’t have any points discovering a rental residence in Vienna however costs generally is a bit on the excessive facet. These leases generally is a good possibility for giant teams or vacationers who need a bit of extra space (and a kitchen). Then again, there are a couple of downsides to rental flats — like restricted/inconvenient check-in processes and further cleansing charges/service expenses (which might make short-stays fairly a bit costlier). For brief stays, we favor resorts/hostels however rental flats generally is a good possibility for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information concerning the prices of touring via Europe (together with extra Metropolis Value Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We wish to be totally clear that this submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee if you happen to make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something additional and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Assist! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.