Stockholm is gorgeous. It’s also costly. As in, it’s one of the vital costly cities to go to. In case you’re on a good funds, you may need to keep for just some days. Ohh, and go straightforward on the consuming as a result of alcohol is an actual killer due to all of the taxes.
On this Stockholm journey worth information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, points of interest, alcohol, and different issues that you simply’ll expertise once you go to this iconic Scandinavian metropolis.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis worth guides.
Common Every day Prices for Visiting Stockholm
Under is our breakdown of how a lot you possibly can count on to spend on a median day for the budget-conscious traveler. These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embody issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes procuring, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t neglect to funds additional for these “non-essentials.”
Every day Value for Funds Journey in Stockholm: 840 SEK (Approx. $93)
- Points of interest: 140 SEK (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: 390 SEK
- Breakfast: 50 SEK
- Lunch: 150 SEK
- Dinner: 190 SEK
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): 55 SEK
- Transportation: zero (may as effectively stroll)
- Lodging (Hostel): 305 SEK
Every day Value of Frugal Journey in Stockholm: 550 SEK (Approx. $62)
- Points of interest: 100 SEK (free strolling tour + go to one of many free/cheaper sights)
- Meals: 200 SEK
- Breakfast: zero SEK (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: 60 SEK (avenue meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: 120 SEK (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: 20 SEK (sit back on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: zero SEK (stroll)
- Lodging (Low-cost Hostel): 250 SEK.
Stockholm Attraction and Museum Costs
- Vasa Museum: 130 SEK
- Skansen open-air museum: 120-225 SEK
- Nobel Museum: 120 SEK
- Swedish historical past museum: Free
- Fotografiska: 155 SEK
- Drottningholm Palace: 130 SEK
- ABBA the museum: 250 SEK
- Strolling & Excursions: Free – 330+ SEK
Another choice for vacationers is the Stockholm Metropolis Move — which provides admission to 75+ museums, excursions, and points of interest and permits limitless journeys on the Stockholm public transit system. (24h/48h/72h/120h for 645 SEK/ 845 SEK/1045 SEK/1345 SEK).
Stockholm Meals Costs
Yeah, meals is dear in Stockholm — even the “funds” eating places are nonetheless going to be pretty costly so put together your self now.
Swedish delicacies is known for its herring, lingonberries, and smorgas. Cafés and stands all through the town provide native and worldwide meals. Search for meals halls, which vary in worth from the costly to the not-nearly-as-expensive, and provide a wide range of cuisines. Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Ingesting in Europe on a Funds.
Funds Breakfast: Free-100 SEK
- Many hostels will provide a free easy breakfast of that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will provide extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are usually overpriced, so skip these usually.
- The commonest Swedish breakfast is a smorgas, or open-faced sandwich with ham, cucumber, tomato, or beef on it. Muesli and filmjok (like yogurt) is one other widespread breakfast merchandise. Conventional Swedish breakfast could be had for 65-100 SEK across the metropolis.
A Few Funds-Pleasant Breakfast Locations:
Funds Lunch: 30-150 SEK
- Tremendous funds vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer.
- Search for meals halls, which provide “low cost” takeaway and substances, particularly Hotorgshallen or the Kista Galleria for a wide range of native and worldwide fare. 95-150 SEK for a meal.
- You will discover plenty of low cost Asian dumpling sit-down/takeaway choices in Stockholm, operating about 100 SEK for a meal.
- Takeaway from a kebab stand or cart will run 40-110 SEK.
Funds Dinner: 45-350 SEK
- Just about all of the choices from the ‘Funds Lunch’ part above will even apply for dinner.
- Once more, try the meals halls at Hotorgshallen or the Kista Galleria for reasonable takeaway.
- Ethnic meals – whether or not falafel, Mexican, or pan Asian – is one other dependable low cost selection. Anticipate to spend 45-200 SEK on a full meal.
- A standard meal at a mid-range Swedish restaurant in Stockholm will run 250-350 SEK.
A Few Funds-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Locations
Drinks and Alcohol
- Anticipate to pay 55-60 SEK for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs 17-21 SEK, and a bottle of wine about 90 SEK.
Stockholm Transportation Costs
Stockholm has a public transit system with buses, trams, and an underground (T-Bana). The T-Bana is split into three zones, and tickets could be bought by zone (for 75-120 minute intervals). The SL Entry card should be bought for 20 SEK earlier than tickets/fares could be added to it.
- 24-hour journey card: 115 SEK
- 72-hour journey card: 230 SEK
- 7-day journey card: 300 SEK
Zone tickets can be bought for journey inside one, two, or three of the Stockholm transit zones. The tickets are legitimate just for the zone bought, and are legitimate from 75-120 minutes (with limitless transfers throughout the zone):
- 1 zone: 36 SEK
- 2 zones: 54 SEK
- three zones: 72 SEK
Airport transit from metropolis middle: 280 SEK for a one-way grownup ticket on the Arlanda Specific prepare.
Airport transit from metropolis middle (commuter prepare, through Stockholm SL public transit system): 135 SEK
Airport transit from metropolis middle (taxi): 450-500 SEK (fastened worth organized between the airport and native taxi firms)
Bicycle rental: Metropolis bikes in Stockholm could be rented for 80/210/290 SEK for 1/three/24-hour intervals, or for 1070 SEK/week.
Stockholm Hostel, Lodge, & Rental Condo Costs
Stockholm’s lodging is top quality but additionally costly. Hostels aren’t too unhealthy, however they’re definitely not low cost both.
Hostel Costs: 255-365 SEK
You must funds about 305 SEK/evening per individual for a good hostel — though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you need a personal room, count on to pay 800-1050 SEK whole (for 2 individuals), so it’s most likely a greater deal to hire an condominium. Try the newest hostel costs at Hostelworld since costs are all the time fluctuating.
The Greatest-Rated Hostels in Stockholm:
Funds Lodge Costs: 500-1000 SEK
An honest funds resort that’s within the metropolis middle will price round 500-1000 SEK/evening. You will discover cheaper lodges if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of the town or when you don’t thoughts staying in a junky place.
We advise testing Reserving.com to see resort costs in your dates since they’re all the time altering based mostly on demand, time of 12 months, and many others.
Rental Condo Costs: 650-900 SEK
Stockholm has loads of rental residences. These leases generally is a good choice for giant teams or vacationers who need a bit extra space (and a kitchen). Then again, there are a number of downsides to rental residences — like restricted/inconvenient check-in processes and further cleansing charges/service prices (which may make short-stays fairly a bit costlier). For brief stays, we choose lodges/hostels however rental residences generally is a good choice for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information concerning the prices of touring by Europe (together with extra Metropolis Worth Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee when you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something additional and it helps assist the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.