Riga’s low-cost costs, tremendous low-cost booze, bustling nightlife, and exquisite surroundings (each structure and folks) make it a super location for funds vacationers… besides that it’s situated away from the conventional funds traveler’s path. Nevertheless, you’ll find low-cost flights to Riga from most main cities if you happen to ebook forward.
On this Riga journey value information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, sights, alcohol, and different issues that you simply’ll expertise whenever you go to this thrilling metropolis.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis value guides.
Common Day by day Prices for Visiting Riga
These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably — they don’t embody issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t neglect to funds further for these “non-essentials.”
Common Day by day Value of Price range Journey in Riga: €38 (Approx. $45)
- Sights: €6 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €18
- Breakfast: €2
- Lunch: €5
- Dinner: €eight
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €2
- Transportation: €1.50
- Lodging (Hostel): €14
Day by day Value of Frugal Journey in Riga: €25 (Approx. $29)
- Sights: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €10
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €Three (road meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €6 (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low-cost)
- Beer: €1 (sit back on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low cost Hostel): €10
Riga Attraction and Museum Costs
Sights in Riga are inexpensive and sometimes free however some free websites could ask for a donation. We recommend taking a strolling tour to be taught in regards to the metropolis’s historical past.
- Central Market: Free
- Museum of the Occupation of Latvia: By donation, with 10€ guided tour
- KGB Constructing and tour: €5
- Artwork Nouveau Museum: €5
- Latvian Open-Air Museum: €2-€Four, relying on the season
- Worldwide Vodka Museum: Prompt donation of €20, consists of free tastings/samples
- Riga Ghetto Museum: Prompt donation of €5
- Strolling & Excursions: Free – €25 (Riga provides a wide range of strolling excursions to showcase town’s historical past, tradition, and structure. Themed excursions includeRiga’s outdated city and exploring the artwork nouveau buildings.)
- Bike excursions: €18
Riga Meals Costs
Meals may be very inexpensive in Riga however you’ll need to perform a little analysis to seek out the highest quality. Nevertheless, if you happen to plan on consuming in Fortress Sq., you’re going to pay a premium, so be careful for that.
Many locations supply “enterprise lunch,” which is a fixed-price menu that consists of a starter, a major, and a drink. Anticipate to pay wherever from €5-€eight.
Like most Baltic and Japanese European delicacies, conventional Latvian meals is heavy on the pork, potatoes, and cabbage. Pickled greens – mushrooms, cucumbers, and beets – are a typical accompaniment to all meals.
Learn extra of our methods forEating and Ingesting in Europe on a Price range.
Price range Breakfast: Free-€Four
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are typically overpriced, so skip these normally.
- Breakfast pastry from the bakery will price round €1.5-€2.5.
- Espresso’s recognition has surged in Riga, and an honest cup at a café will run €1.20-€2.25.
- A pancake brunch will price about €Four.50.
Price range-Pleasant Breakfast Spots
- Huge Unhealthy Bagels Baznicas road: Cozy spot serving up tasty bagels.
- Rigensis: Nice espresso, desserts, and different conventional pastries.
- Fats Cat: Small cafe with an ideal assortment of eclairs and low.
- Lido: Meals court docket serving hearty Latvian meals from breakfast to dinner for a stable value. Chain with a number of areas.
- Ze Donats: Cute and quirky spot with enjoyable doughnuts.
Price range Lunch: €Four-€eight
- Tremendous funds vacationers could make an excellent low-cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a number of euros.
- Pelmeni (small, meat-stuffed dumplings) can be found at stands and for takeaway and are a preferred funds alternative. Anticipate to pay €1.50-€Four for a meal at XL Pelmeni, a neighborhood favourite.
- FolkKlub Ala provides conventional Latvian meals for reasonable; it caters to vacationers and locals alike. Entrees run €Three.50-€5, and beer €1.50-€Three. Additionally a good selection for dinner if you happen to’re on the lookout for native eats.
- Kebab or falafel at a stand runs €1.75-€Three.50.
- Riga Central Market – native distributors supply meals, greens, and fruit for reasonable. An amazing place to get takeaway, working round €2.25-€5 for a meal.
Price range Dinner: €5-€12
- Just about all of the choices from the Price range Lunch part above additionally apply for dinner.
- Ethnic meals – Greek, Center Japanese, Indian, Asian – is a stable funds alternative. Meals run €Three.50-€6 at CityWok and comparable institutions.
- A standard meal of Latvian meals at Key to Riga in Fortress Sq. will run €18-€30; count on comparable costs at different Fortress Sq. eating places.
Price range-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots
- Folkklubs Ala Pagrabs: Go right here. Hearty and scrumptious Lativan dishes at nice costs. Good environment. Numerous beer.
- Lido: Lido is a sequence cafeteria-style restaurant with a number of areas. Good for a fast meal. Good quantity of conventional dishes.
- Lido Atputas Centrs: One of the vital common Lido eating places.
- Inventory Pot: Do-it-yourself soups.
- Wok to stroll: Worldwide chain serving low-cost and attractive noodles.
- Avenue Burgers: Stable burger joint. Burgers price round €7.
- Picerija Piranija: Easy however good pizza place.
Drinks and Alcohol
- Beer in a bar prices about €2-€Three.
- Beer from a grocery runs €1 or much less, a bottle of wine about €6.
- Espresso runs €1–€2.
Riga Transportation Costs
Transit entry may be bought by the variety of journeys or for a set period of time.
- 24-hour entry, all routes: €5
- Three-day entry, all routes: €10
- 5-day entry, all routes: €15
- For half/Four/10 journeys, ticket costs are €1.15/€2.30/€Four.60/€10.90.
Airport transit from metropolis middle:
- through bus: €2 (on-bus), €1.15 (off-bus). Bus 22 supplies transport from the airport to Outdated City.
- through taxi: €11.40-€14.50
Bicycle rental: €Three/€6/€13 for half/24 hour leases.
Riga Hostel, Lodge, & Rental Condominium Costs
Like most of Japanese Europe, hostels in Riga are low-cost and so they’re often fairly good. Rental residences are additionally tremendous inexpensive, in order that’s an ideal possibility if you need some privateness or are touring in a bunch. For those who’re on the lookout for a bit nicer expertise, inns are additionally inexpensive.
Hostel Costs: €9-€20
It’s best to funds about €14/evening per individual for an honest hostel, though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you need a non-public room, count on to pay €40-€80 whole (for 2 individuals), so it’s most likely a greater deal to lease an residence. Take a look at the newest hostel costs at Hostelworld since costs are all the time fluctuating.
The Greatest-Rated Hostels in Riga
Price range Lodge Costs: €55-€70
An honest funds resort that’s within the metropolis middle will price round €60/evening. You’ll find cheaper inns if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of town or if you happen to don’t thoughts staying in a junky place.
On the lookout for a funds resort? We recommend trying out Reserving.com to see resort costs on your dates since they’re all the time altering based mostly on demand, time of 12 months, and many others.
Rental Condominium: €35-€80/evening
Riga is beginning to soar on the holiday rental residence bandwagon so it’s changing into simpler to discover a first rate place to remain. These leases generally is a good possibility for big teams or vacationers who need slightly extra space (and a kitchen). However, there are a number of downsides to rental residences — like restricted/inconvenient check-in processes and additional cleansing charges/service costs (which may make short-stays fairly a bit dearer). For brief stays, we favor inns/hostels however rental residences generally is a good possibility for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information in regards to the prices of touring by way of Europe (together with extra Metropolis Value Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee if you happen to make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something further and it helps assist the positioning.
Thanks For The Assist! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.