Reykjavik may appear a bit out of the best way, however it’s a stunning place to go to. Though the town itself isn’t too thrilling, it serves because the gateway to Iceland’s breathtaking pure magnificence. Nevertheless, Reykjavik is among the dearer locations to go to in Europe, so you could not need to keep too lengthy in the event you’re on a good funds.
One approach to probably save a little bit money is to fly Icelandair as a result of they’ll allow you to lengthen your layover in Reykjavik by as much as seven nights for no further cost.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis value guides.
Common Each day Price To Go to Reykjavik
These costs are primarily based on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embody issues like huge nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes buying, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, bail cash, and so on. Don’t overlook to funds additional for these “non-essentials.”
Be aware: The forex in Iceland is the Icelandic Krona, however we’ve given all costs in USD. The present change fee is about $1=122 krona.
Each day Price of Price range Journey in Reykjavik: $102
- Points of interest: $10 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: $42
- Breakfast: $7
- Lunch: $10
- Dinner: $18
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): $7
- Transportation: $zero
- Lodging (hostel): $50
Be aware: This value information doesn’t embody excursions which might simply run $100+
Each day Price of Frugal Journey in Reykjavik: $66
- Points of interest: $5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: $26
- Breakfast:$zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: $7 (ethnic avenue meals, takeaway store fare, or comparable)
- Dinner: $12 (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer (pint): $7
- Transportation: $zero (the town could be very walkable)
- Lodging: $35 (low cost hostel mattress)
Be aware: This value information doesn’t embody excursions which might simply run $100+
Reykjavik Attraction and Museum Costs
Iceland’s true attraction is its extremely beautiful pure wonders, however visiting can get fairly expensive.
- Nationwide Museum of Iceland: $16
- Hallgrimskirkja (church): $Eight to take the elevator to the highest
- Open-air People Museum: $14
- Volcano Home: Free
- Strolling tour: Free (however it’s best to tip the guides)
- Sightseeing Excursions: There are a ton of excursions accessible that may take you to all of the superb sights in Iceland. Full day-trips can vary from $70-$375, relying on the exercise. Additionally, you will discover lots of excursions that mix a pair actions.
- Glacier mountaineering: $147-$200
- Blue lagoon: $75-$110
- Golden Circle: $80
- Viking horse tour (you trip to someplace cool): $80-$154
- South coast: $154-$290
- Northern lights cruise (Sept to mid-April): $63-$86
Reykjavik Meals Costs
Yep, as soon as once more, Reykjavik is out to batter your pockets in terms of meals. You actually have to buy round to search out one thing within the realm of affordability. For no matter cause, Reykjavik is known for his or her sizzling canine in order that’s all the time a pleasant budget-friendly choice.
Oh, and also you’ll need to in the reduction of on the alcohol as a result of Reykjavik’s alcohol costs are a few of the highest on the planet. Ugg. Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Price range.
Price range Breakfast: Free – $12
- Many hostels will provide a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will provide extra and a few much less).
- Porridge: $10
- Yogurt w/muesli and fruit: $Eight
- Toasted bread w/cheese and jam: $5-$9
Price range-Pleasant Breakfast Spots
- Braud & Co: Can’t-miss bakery. Get the cinnamon rolls.
- Bernhoftsbakari: One other nice bakery with numerous goodies (and low).
- Cafe Babalu: Cute cafe with crepes, desserts, espresso, and some different dishes.
- Cafe Haiti: They take their espresso significantly. And their breakfast dishes are tasty. Strive the pecan pie.
- Kaffitar: One other good espresso and pastry store.
- Reykjavik Roasters: Extra espresso.
Price range Lunch: $5-$20
- Tremendous funds vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of dollars.
- Sizzling canine: $5-$6
- Quick-food hamburger: $6-$13
- Quick-food sandwich: $6-$15
- Noodles: $Eight-$12.50
- Sandwich at a restaurant/café: $12-$19
- Low cost takeaway meals (like a kebab with fries): $10-$13.
Price range Dinner: $15-$25
- It is best to have the ability to discover dinner at a restaurant in a much less touristy a part of city for round $18. Strive a few of the superb seafood!
- Most of the choices from the Price range Lunch part above additionally apply for dinner.
Price range-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots
- Baejarins Beztu Pylsur: The place to get sizzling canine in Iceland. Two sizzling canine (absolutely loaded) and a coke can be round $10.
- Sizzling Canine Home: One other sizzling canine place. A normal sizzling canine and a soda will set you again about $6.50.
- Icelandic Avenue Meals: This very unassuming spot serves up superb conventional homecooked Icelandic fare. Tremendous good house owners. Free refills. Strive the lamb soup (round $11).
- Fish&Co: Meals truck that serves up a single dish of contemporary cod, spinach, and cherry tomatoes (round $13). Very tasty.
- Svarta Kaffid: Tasty soups served in bread bowls (round $16).
- Reykjavik Chips: Fries and beer. Tons of sauces. What else may you need? Medium fries will value round $9. Beer is round $7 throughout completely satisfied hour.
- Reykjavik Rost: Good view of the harbor and a reasonably good completely satisfied hour from three pm – 7 pm. Easy cafe menu of soups and sandwiches (most round $10).
- Hamborgarabulla Tomasar: Stable burger joint. Burger, fries, and soda combo meal will set you again round $15.
- Ramen Momo: The place for ramen (begins round $15).
- The Deli: Low cost however tasty takeaway pizza. Two slices for $7.50.
- Hlöllabátar: Sub sandwich spot. Costs vary round $9-$13 for a sub.
- Noodle Station: Tasty Pho at truthful costs. A meal will set you again about $15.
Drinks and Alcohol
- A pint of normal beer out: $9-$12
- A pint of beer from a grocery retailer: $Four-$5
- Cappuccino: $three.50
Tip: The easiest way to save cash on alcohol is by ingesting throughout completely satisfied hour. Take a look at the Reykjavík Appy Hour to all the time know when and the place to go.
Reykjavik Transportation Costs
Reykjavik has a reasonably good bus system that may assist you to get across the metropolis and even out to another places. Buses come each 20 minutes through the week and each 30 minutes on the weekend. A one-way ticket prices $three.60.
In the event you’re with a couple of folks, you would possibly look into renting a Jeep/SUV. This offers you extra freedom than the bus and prevent a bit on reserving excursions. It gained’t come low cost although; count on to spend $150-$300/day. In the event you guide for every week, the costs are typically decrease.
Reykjavik Hostel/Lodge Lodging Costs
You’re all the time going to pay a premium for lodging in Reykjavik. Costs do get cheaper in the course of winter however there’s a cause not many individuals journey to Iceland within the useless of winter.
Hostels: $40-$80+ (mattress in a shared dorm room)
It is best to funds about $50/evening per individual for a good hostel — though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for mattress in a shared dorm room. If you need a non-public room, count on to pay wherever from $100-$200+… so it’s not low cost. Take a look at the newest hostel costs at Hostelworld since costs are all the time fluctuating.
The Prime-Rated Hostels in Reykjavik
Price range Motels: $110-$240
On the low finish, you shouldn’t count on a lot, however lodges do get higher when you get round $150/evening. A room with a non-public toilet and a twin mattress can be round $110–$230, and a double mattress (or two twin beds) can be $140-$240.
In search of a funds resort? We recommend trying out Reserving.com to see resort costs to your dates since they’re all the time altering primarily based on demand, time of 12 months, and so on.
Rental House: $110-$220+
Reykjavik has fairly a couple of trip rental flats however they’re not tremendous low cost. These leases could be a good choice for big teams or vacationers who need a little bit extra space (and a kitchen). Then again, there are a couple of downsides to rental flats — like restricted/inconvenient check-in processes and further cleansing charges/service fees (which might make short-stays fairly a bit dearer). For brief stays, we favor lodges/hostels however rental flats could be a good choice for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information in regards to the prices of touring via Europe (together with extra Metropolis Value Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee in the event you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something additional and it helps assist the positioning.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.