Prague is named some of the stunning cities on the planet — it’s such as you stepped inside a fairytale. It’s steeped in historical past, the beer is superb, the structure is world class, and the costs are inexpensive. However you’ll need to go to prior to later as costs have been slowly creeping up as increasingly folks uncover this superb historical metropolis.
On this Prague journey value information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, points of interest, alcohol, and different issues that you simply’ll expertise if you go to this magical metropolis.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our metropolis value guides.
Common Each day Value For Visiting Prague
These costs are primarily based on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably — they don’t embrace issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes procuring, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t neglect to funds further for these “non-essentials.”
Each day Value of Funds Journey in Prague: $40 USD
- Points of interest: $6 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: $18
- Breakfast: $2.50
- Lunch: $Four.50
- Dinner: $9
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): $1.50
- Transportation: $2
- Lodging (hostel): $14
Each day Value of Frugal Journey in Prague: $23 USD
- Points of interest: $Four (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: $eight
- Breakfast: $zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: $Three (ethnic road meals, takeaway store fare, or a sausage)
- Dinner: $Four (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: $1 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: $1
- Lodging (low cost hostel mattress): $10
Prague Attraction and Museum Costs
A part of Prague’s magnificence is solely strolling the streets and admiring the structure — which helps hold your prices down. Most of the fundamental sights don’t cost admission. Nonetheless, whereas the principle (and arguably finest) elements of Prague are free, some areas will price you a bit.
- Prague Citadel and St. Vitus Cathedral: Free, however some further areas require a ticket
- Nationwide Theater Opera Tickets: $Three-$50
- Church of St. Nicholas: $Three.10
- DOX Heart for Up to date Artwork: $eight
- Strolling Excursions: Free (however it’s best to tip the guides) or $12-$30 (for paid excursions)
- Bike Tour: $24
Prague Meals Costs
Conventional Czech delicacies tends to be pretty heavy, nevertheless it’s filling and inexpensive — good for the penny-pinching backpacker. And when you’re completed along with your meal, you’ll be able to wash it down with an incredible Czech beer (which can be low cost). Keep away from the vacationer areas as you’ll discover overpriced and low-quality eating places. Do a little bit of analysis on-line earlier than you head out to make sure you get a high quality meal at a very good value. Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Funds.
Funds Breakfast: Free-$5
- Many hostels will supply a free, easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice.
- A fundamental breakfast at a café will usually include bread, jam, honey, bacon, cheese, yogurt, and fruit. Anticipate to pay $Four-$5.
- It’s also possible to discover loads of budget-friendly choices on the bakery or grocery retailer.
Funds-Pleasant Breakfast Spots:
- DEN NOC: Great spot for pancakes, bacon, eggs, and different tasty breakfast treats. Pancakes begin beneath $5.
- Bakeshop Little Bakery: Tasty truffles, pastries, and occasional.
- Cafe Ebel: Nice espresso and extra breakfast treats.
- Donuterie: Tremendous cute doughnut place.
- Tricafe: Boutique-style cafe with nice espresso, truffles, and sandwiches.
- Chocafe: They’re well-known for his or her chocolate fondue however they’ve stable espresso, waffles, yogurt, and extra. A waffle with two toppings is barely round $Three.
- Mezi srnky: Numerous wholesome breakfast choices.
- Cafe No Three: Nice espresso and sizzling chocolate. Wonderful pancakes
- Bistro Sisters: Conventional Czech open-face sandwiches for breakfast and lunch.
Funds Lunch: $2-$6
- Tremendous funds vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, lunch meat, and fruit from any grocery retailer for just a few dollars.
- Pubs and taverns supply inexpensive fare for lunch (or dinner). For a burger, anticipate to pay round $Four.00-$6
- A standard goulash will price about $5-$6.
- A standard open-faced sandwich will price $1-$Three.
- A sausage from a road sausage stand will price about $Three.
- Takeaway meals (like kebabs with fries) or related dishes from a takeaway store will price about $Three-$Four.
- A combo meal at McDonald’s (or related) will price about $6.
Funds Dinner: $5-$7
- Funds vacationers will need to have a look at the various worldwide eating places — a bowl of Pho will likely be about $5.
- A median conventional Czech meal for a non-touristy restaurant will price $7-$12.
- Most of the choices from the Funds Lunch part above additionally apply for dinner.
Funds-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots:
Drinks and Alcohol
- A pint of ordinary beer out: $1.00-$2.00
- Pint of beer from a grocery retailer: $.65
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: $5
- Espresso: $1.60
Prague Transportation Costs
Prague has an excellent community of trams, buses, and subways. They’re all inexpensive however make certain you at all times validate your ticket as a result of they do examine riders’ tickets typically (and the effective is hefty). All types of public transport use the identical ticket.
- 30-minute ticket: $1.00
- 90-minute ticket: $1.40
- 24-hour cross: $Four.80
- Three-day cross (72 hours): $13.50
- Ticket (through Bus + Subway) Between Airport and Metropolis: $Three
- Taxi to Airport: $27-$35+
Prague Hostel, Resort, & Rental House Costs
Prague does have loads of low cost lodging, however you’ll in all probability need to guide slightly early to make sure you get the finest choices. There are additionally a very good quantity of very low cost inns (they’ll in all probability be pretty bare-bones), or you’ll be able to spend slightly further in order for you extra comforts. Rental flats are an incredible choice in Prague (I in all probability wouldn’t even take into account getting a lodge room).
There are a lot of high quality hostels in Prague they usually’re priced properly. The typical value per night time is about $12-$20, though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you would like a personal room, anticipate to pay $40-$70. Take a look at the most recent hostel costs at Hostelworld since costs are at all times fluctuating.
The High-Rated Hostels in Prague:
Right here’s our checklist of the Finest Hostels in Prague in order for you a extra in-depth information.
Funds Resorts: $50-$120/Evening
On the low finish, you’ll be able to anticipate very fundamental lodging. Moreover, the cheaper locations ($30/night time) are typically just a few miles exterior town heart — which is usually a little bit of a trouble. Low cost inns close to the middle of town will price round $65-$100/night time.
In search of a funds lodge? We advise testing Reserving.com to see lodge costs on your dates since they’re at all times altering primarily based on demand, time of yr, and many others.
Rental House: $50-$120
Prague has fairly just a few trip rental flats. These leases is usually a good choice for giant teams or vacationers who need slightly extra space (and a kitchen). Then again, there are just a few downsides to rental flats — like restricted/inconvenient check-in processes and additional cleansing charges/service expenses (which might make short-stays fairly a bit dearer). For brief stays, we choose inns/hostels however rental flats is usually a good choice for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information in regards to the prices of touring by way of Europe (together with extra Metropolis Worth Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be totally clear that this put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee should you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something further and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.