Situated on the Côte d’Azur (The French Riviera), Good is a less expensive vacation spot than the ultra-lux locations of Monaco and Cannes. This Mediterranean metropolis has a big seashore (though it’s rocky), stunning climate, and a relaxed perspective. Costs for meals and points of interest are pretty affordable for Western Europe, however lodging (particularly hostels) can get costly. The summers are the busiest and costliest time of the 12 months, so it’s good to e-book your lodging early.
On this Good journey worth information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, points of interest, alcohol, and different issues that you just’ll expertise while you go to this stunning metropolis within the French Riviera.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our metropolis worth guides.
Wish to be taught extra about visiting Good? Take a look at our Good, France On A Finances Journey Information
AVERAGE DAILY TRAVEL COSTS TO VISIT NICE, FRANCE
Under is our breakdown of how a lot you possibly can anticipate to spend on a median day for the budget-conscious traveler. These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embrace issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes buying, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and so on. Don’t neglect to price range further for these “non-essentials.”
AVERAGE DAILY COSTS FOR BUDGET TRAVEL IN NICE: €61 (APPROX. $68)
- Sights: €10 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €23
- Breakfast: €Four
- Lunch: €6
- Dinner: €10
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €Three.50
- Transportation: €1.50
- Lodging (Hostel): €28
DAILY COST OF FRUGAL TRAVEL IN NICE: €37 (APPROX. $42)
- Sights: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €12
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €Four.50 (avenue meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €7 (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: €1 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low cost Hostel): €20
NICE ATTRACTION AND MUSEUM PRICES
Good points of interest are reasonably priced and the general public seashores are all the time free.
- Marc Chagall Museum: €9
- Nationwide Museum of Sport: €7
- Museum of Up to date Artwork: €10
- Matisse Museum: €10
- Good Archeological Museum: €10
- Monument aux Morts: Free
- La Crypte Archeologique: €5
- Strolling & Excursions: Free- €100
Take into account a bicycle tour alongside Good’s shoreline and thru the town; €30 covers bicycle and helmet rental on a tour. Riviera and shore excursions are costlier, however they provide the prospect to see Good and Cote d’Azure from the ocean – anticipate to spend €90-€100 per particular person on a day journey within the French Riviera.
NICE FOOD PRICES
Conventional Good delicacies is closely influenced by Mediterranean cooking — with an emphasis on seafood, olive oil, and contemporary greens. Attempt native favorites: socca, a chickpea flour, and olive oil crepe, and ratatouille, a tomato, eggplant, and zucchini dish. Cafés are extra casual and have inexpensive meal choices than extra formal eating places. Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Ingesting in Europe on a Finances.
BUDGET BREAKFAST PRICES: FREE–€Four
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less). Resort breakfasts are typically overpriced, so skip these generally.
- A cup of espresso and pastry runs €1.75-€Three.
- Kiosque TinTin is a well-liked native favourite that sells breakfast and lunch sandwiches. €2.50-€Three.50
Finances-Pleasant Breakfast Spots
BUDGET LUNCH PRICES: €Three.50–€6
- Tremendous price range vacationers could make a brilliant low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a number of euros.
- Socca from a stand within the metropolis prices €2.50-€Four.
- Kebabs or falafel from a stand run €2.50-€Four.
- Mediterranean cafés and take-away are frequent, with Greek and Turkish meals being hottest. Count on to pay €Three-€6 for a meal.
- Pizza at a sit-down or takeaway pizzeria will run €Four-€6.
BUDGET DINNER PRICES: €Four–€10
- Just about all of the choices from the ‘Finances Lunch’ part above may also apply for dinner.
- Niçoise salad, a chilly salad with anchovies, shallots, tuna, and – typically – potatoes, is a Good culinary staple. Count on to pay €Eight-€12 at a sit-down restaurant for this conventional favourite.
- Farcis, hollowed-out zucchini or eggplant filled with meat, garlic, and breadcrumbs, is one other native dish. €7-€11.
- Take-away sandwiches, burgers, and kebabs run €Three-€6 for an inexpensive dinner.
- Banh Mi (Vietnamese sandwich) is a well-liked native alternative and runs €Three-€5.
Finances-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots:
- Illia Pasta: It’s a small barebones restaurant however the proprietor/chef serves up contemporary, reasonably priced, and engaging pasta. There isn’t a lot ambiance inside so snag one among the outside tables for some beautiful al fresco eating. You may also get your pasta to go. Nice Previous City location.
- Chez Palmyre: A wonderful place to get a standard, home-style French cooking. We suggest their €18 three-course menu. Reservations inspired.
- Creperie Le Trimaran: A pleasant little crepes place. You will get a savory and dessert crepe for beneath €10.
- L’Atelier de Julien: Pleasant pizza joint however it’s a bit outdoors Previous City.
- Made in Sud Pizzeria: Neopolitian pizza place close to the Port.
- Chez Pipo: The preferred place to get socca.
- A Buteghinn: A small restaurant in the midst of Previous City serving up conventional “certification Delicacies Nissarde” dishes. The restaurant is run/owned by three candy French ladies. Largely outside seating. In addition they have preprepared takeaway meals when you’re on the go. Reservations really useful. Money solely.
- Lou Pilha Leva: Out of doors picnic type seating at this takeaway restaurant within the coronary heart of Previous City. Cease by for a fast conventional snack and chilly beer. The rooster and fries for €Eight.50 is a strong deal.
- Chez Rene Socca: A chaotic and no-frills place in Previous City that serves up native avenue meals at reasonably priced costs. There are tables outdoors obtainable however you’re required to purchase a drink. There’s all the time a line however service is fast.
- Badaboom Bistro And BeJuice Bar: Hip hole-in-the-wall restaurant serving natural vegan meals and juices. Good house owners. It’s a bit costly however the high quality is strong.
- Tartine et Galinette: One other pretty barebones spot serving up low cost however tasty pizza, sandwiches, and different easy meals.
- Le Falafel: An genuine family-run center japanese restaurant serving up contemporary falafel and shawarma dishes. Fast and pleasant service.
- Farmers Market: The Farmers Market is a good place to get all types of contemporary produce and ready meals — from cheese and bread to bruschetta and fruit. Open daily, from 6 am to five.30 pm besides Mondays, Sunday afternoons and public holidays.
DRINKS AND ALCOHOL PRICES
- Count on to pay €Four-€5.50 for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs €.90-€1.75, and a bottle of wine about €6.
NICE TRANSPORTATION PRICES
Public transit in Good is served by bus and trams all through the town. Town’s trams run each Four minutes, beginning at Four:25 am.
- One ticket: €1.50
- 10 journeys: €10
- 7-day limitless cross: €15
Airport transit from metropolis heart
- through Tram: €6 (line 98 and 99)
- through bus: AERO line, €6
- through taxi: €25-€30
Bicycle rental: VeloBleu bicycles can be found for 1 day/week/month leases (€1/€5/€10) all through the town.
NICE HOSTEL, HOTEL, & RENTAL APARTMENT PRICES
Lodging in Good is fairly dear — particularly in the summertime since Good is a seashore vacation spot. Count on to pay a premium on the weekends, so go to throughout the early week if you wish to save. Moreover, you could need to e-book forward in the summertime since demand is excessive.
Hostel Costs: €20-€35
You must price range about 25€/night time per particular person for an honest hostel — though many hostels elevate their costs considerably on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you would like a personal room, anticipate to pay €75-€110 whole (for 2 individuals). Take a look at the most recent hostel costs at Hostelworld.
The Finest-Rated Hostels in Good:
Finances Resort Costs: €80-€150
An honest price range lodge close to the town heart will value round €100-€130/night time. You could find cheaper motels if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of the town or when you don’t thoughts staying in a brilliant low-budget place.
Searching for a price range lodge? We advise testing Reserving.com to see lodge costs to your dates since they’re all the time altering.
Rental Condo Costs: €70-€120/night time
You’ll discover fairly a number of condominium leases in Good. They could be a good choice for giant teams or vacationers who need somewhat extra space (and a kitchen). Alternatively, you might also should take care of inconvenient check-in processes and issues like further cleansing charges and repair prices. For brief stays, we choose motels/hostels however rental flats generally is a good choice for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information in regards to the prices of touring via Europe (together with extra Metropolis Worth Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee when you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something further and it helps assist the location.
Thanks For The Assist! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.