Munich has lengthy been a must-visit vacation spot for beer lovers — it’s the house of the Hofbräuhaus, Oktoberfest, and loads of beer gardens. Even should you’re not into beer, you’ll recognize the town’s magnificence and tradition. When it comes to costs, Munich isn’t fairly as costly as London or Paris however it definitely isn’t an affordable metropolis.
On this Munich journey worth information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, sights, alcohol, and different issues that you just’ll expertise once you go to this stunning German metropolis.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our metropolis worth guides.
AVERAGE DAILY COSTS FOR VISITING MUNICH
These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embody issues like large nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t overlook to finances further for these “non-essentials.”
DAILY COST OF BUDGET TRAVEL IN MUNICH: €62 (APPROX. $68)
- Points of interest: €11 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €24
- Breakfast: €Three
- Lunch: €7
- Dinner: €11
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €Three
- Transportation: €2.70
- Lodging (Hostel): €24
DAILY COST OF FRUGAL TRAVEL IN MUNICH: €40 (APPROX. $42)
- Points of interest: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €15
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €four.5 (avenue meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €9 (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low-cost)
- Beer: €1 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low-cost Hostel): €20
MUNICH ATTRACTION AND MUSEUM PRICES
Admission to most sights is round €10, which is about common in Western Europe. One of many largest sights is the large English Backyard park. Go to the English Backyard to easily relax, watch individuals browsing within the river (sure, actually), or head to the beer backyard the place you possibly can take pleasure in a liter of beer for a bit of over €7.
- Deutsches Museum: €12
- Previous Image Gallery (Alte Pinakothek): €four
- Residenz Museum: €6-11
- BMW World: €10
- Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg): €11.50
- Trendy Image Gallery (Pinakothek der Moderne): €10
- Strolling Tour: Free (tip round €5) – €15
MUNICH FOOD PRICES
Meals costs in Munich aren’t tremendous low-cost, however you will discover some good offers should you seek for them. As at all times, meals does get dear round the principle vacationer areas, so you must hunt down eating places catering to locals. The easiest way to refill on a heat meal is by hitting up the road meals stalls, takeaway eating places, or lunch restaurant specials.
BUDGET BREAKFAST PRICES: FREE–€5
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are typically overpriced, so skip these most often.
- Breakfast pastry from an area bakery runs about €1.5-€2.5.
Price range-Pleasant Breakfast Spots:
- Schmalznudel: Conventional German bakery. Get the Schmalznudel.
- Mr. Pancake: Pretty pancakes and different tasty breakfast goodies.
- Cafe Gollier: A comfy cafe with numerous wholesome breakfast choices.
- Tram Cafe Munchen: A little bit cafe that appears like a tram. Out of doors seating.
- Vorhoelzer Discussion board: This little cafe is situated on the roof of a college so it has nice metropolis views.
BUDGET LUNCH PRICES: €Three-€10
- Tremendous finances vacationers could make a brilliant low-cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for just a few euros.
- Kebab: €Three to €Three.50
- An affordable meal from one of many many Turkish eating places: €5-€6
- Bratwurst: €Three
- Frankfurters from a butcher: €2
- Particular lunch specials: €7-€10
BUDGET DINNER PRICES: €7-€18
- It’s best to be capable to discover dinner at a restaurant in a much less touristy a part of city for round €10-€18.
- Pork roast with dumpling: €9-€13
- Thai curry: €7
- Upscale burger w/ fries: €6-€9
- You can even discover low-cost and filling meals from division retailer cafeterias, similar to Galeria Kaufhof, for worth.
Price range-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots:
Drinks and Alcohol Costs
- A pint of normal beer out: €Three.5
- A pint of beer from a grocery retailer: €1
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: €7
- Espresso: €2-€Three
MUNICH TRANSPORTATION PRICES
Munich is among the most walkable cities in Europe. That stated, it additionally has a subway (U-Bahn), suburban trains (S-Bahn), trams, and buses. All public transportation operates on the identical ticket, so it’s most likely finest to purchase a vast day ticket should you use public trans extra then twice a day (however singles tickets can be found).
Single ticket: €2.90
Day ticket, interior zone (Single Tageskarte Innenraum): €6.70
Three-day ticket, interior zone (Single Three-Tagekarte Innenraum): €16.80
MUNICH HOSTEL, HOTEL, & RENTAL APARTMENT PRICES
Lodging costs in Munich aren’t low-cost however get tremendous costly throughout Oktoberfest.
HOSTEL PRICES: €20-€26/NIGHT
It’s best to finances about €24/night time per individual for an honest hostel, though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. In order for you a non-public room, count on to pay €60-€100 whole (for 2 individuals). Try the newest hostel costs at Hostelworld.
Greatest-Rated Hostels in Munich:
BUDGET HOTEL PRICES: €95-€150/NIGHT
A good finances lodge within the metropolis heart will price round 120€/night time. You could find cheaper accommodations if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of the town.
RENTAL APARTMENT PRICES: €80-€120/NIGHT
Munich has a wholesome stock of rental flats. They could be a good choice for giant teams or vacationers who need a bit of extra space (and a kitchen). However, you might also need to take care of inconvenient check-in processes and issues like further cleansing charges and repair fees. For brief stays, we choose accommodations/hostels however rental flats could be a good selection for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information concerning the prices of touring by means of Europe (together with extra Metropolis Worth Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be totally clear that this publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee should you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something further and it helps help the positioning.
Thanks For The Assist! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.