Dubrovnik’s previous city is without doubt one of the most lovely walled cities on the earth so it has earned its nickname because the “Pearl of the Adriatic.” It’s also Croatia’s hottest vacation spot so it isn’t as reasonably priced as you’d hope. Regardless of the prices, you possibly can nonetheless go to the town with out spending a fortune for those who attempt. Nevertheless, George Bernard Shaw as soon as stated that “those that search paradise on Earth ought to come to Dubrovnik and discover it” — so possibly it’s value splurging a bit.
On this Dubrovnik journey worth information, we’ll define the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, sights, alcohol, and different issues that you simply’ll expertise once you go to Copenhagen.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis worth guides.
Common Day by day Prices for Visiting Dubrovnik
Beneath is our breakdown of how a lot you possibly can count on to spend on a mean day for the budget-conscious traveler. These costs are primarily based on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embrace issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t neglect to finances further for these “non-essentials.”
Value of Finances Journey in Dubrovnik: 410hrk (Approx. $63)/Day
- Points of interest: 80hrk (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: 210hrk
- Breakfast: 20hrk
- Lunch: 60hrk
- Dinner: 110hrk
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): 20hrk
- Transportation: zero
- Lodging (Hostel): 200hrk
Value of Frugal Journey in Dubrovnik: 290hrk (Approx. $43)/Day
- Points of interest: 50hrk (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: 100hrk
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: 30hrk (road meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: 60hrk (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: 8hrk (sit back on the seashore and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low-cost Hostel): 140hrk
Dubrovnik Attraction and Museum Costs
Fortunately, the sights in Dubrovnik are pretty reasonably priced, and you may at all times spend the day on its lovely seashores or wandering the traditional streets.
- Dubrovnik Ramparts: 150hrk ($24)
- Mount Srdj Cable Automotive: 85hrk one-way/150hrk round-trip ($13/$24)
- Struggle Picture Restricted (museum): 40hrk ($eight)
- Rector’s Palace: 100hrk ($16)
- Franciscan Monastery & Museum: 30hrk ($5)
- Strolling & Excursions: Free-400hrk
Dubrovnik’s geography lends itself to water excursions: corporations supply kayak and boat excursions from the coast, which offer a novel perspective on the town. Sea kayaking alongside the Dalmatian Coast will run 400hrk ($60) for a half-day tour.
Dubrovnik Meals Costs
Dubrovnik’s delicacies is closely influenced by Italy so that you’ll discover seafood and pasta as culinary staples. Black rice, risotto, and pasta are widespread – coloured by squid or cuttlefish ink – and infrequently accompany fish. Mussels, ham, and cod spherical out many meals. The previous city, whereas providing a great location to take pleasure in a meal, is an costly place to eat, so that you’ll should enterprise exterior the previous city for extra reasonably priced meal choices.
Finances Breakfast Costs: Free – 40hrk
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast of that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are usually overpriced, so skip these usually.
- Espresso and a pastry will run 15hrk-30hrk
Finances Lunch Costs: 30-60hrk
- Tremendous finances vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of euros.
- Vegetarian and Indian eating places supply a full meal for 30hrk-40hrk. Particularly advisable is Nishta, a small vegetarian restaurant.
- Pizza will run 40hrk-60hrk.
- Kebab or a burger takeaway-away stand will run 30hrk-45hrk. (Kebab Bar Cezar and Tutto Bene are native favorites).
- Contemplate the farmer’s market on Gundelic Sq. to choose up low cost, contemporary substances for lunch.
Finances Dinner Costs: 60-150hrk
- Just about all of the choices from the ‘Finances Lunch’ part above may even apply for dinner.
- Sporki makaruli, or soiled maracroni, is a Croatian conventional meal: pasta with diced beef (or veal), onion, goat cheese, and purple wine. Count on a dish at a restaurant to value 70hrk-100hrk
- Zelena menestra (inexperienced stew) is a ham and bacon stew served with cabbage, kale, and potatoes.
- Brodetta (fish stew) is one other conventional dish. (Search for Dundo Maroje, a restaurant in previous city that makes a speciality of conventional Croatian meals).
Drinks and Alcohol Costs
- Count on to pay 18hrk-20hrk for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs 7hrk-8hrk, and a bottle of wine about 35kn.
Dubrovnik Transportation Costs
Dubrovnik’s public transit system is serviced by buses that run metropolis and suburban routes. One of many nice issues about Dubrovnik is strolling by the beautiful streets, so you might hardly ever journey by way of public transport. Nevertheless, for those who’re staying exterior of the previous city, the bus service is frequent and dependable.
- Single Ticket: 15hrk
- 24-hour card: 30hrk
- Airport transit from metropolis middle by way of bus: 28hrk one-way on strains 11, 27, 38
Dubrovnik Hostel, Lodge, & Rental Condominium Costs
Dubrovnik’s previous city is compact so lodging choices are restricted — particularly in the summertime. You could have to remain exterior the previous city to seek out extra choices — however public transportation into the previous city is sweet so it’s not a giant subject. Nevertheless, there are an excellent variety of condo leases so you must try that choice.
It is best to finances about 130-340hrk/evening ($20-$45) per particular person for a good hostel — though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you need a personal room you must count on to pay 660hrk-950hrk complete (for 2 folks).
We e-book our hostels by Hostelworld so verify your dates to get a greater ideally suited on costs.
Finances Accommodations: 400hrk-900hrk/evening
A good finances lodge that’s within the metropolis middle will value round 500hrk/evening ($80). You’ll find cheaper motels if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of the town or for those who don’t thoughts staying in a junky place.
We propose testing Reserving.com to see lodge costs in your dates since they’re at all times altering.
Rental Condominium: 445hrk-950hrk/evening ($70-$150)
Rental residences could be a good choice for giant teams or vacationers who need a bit more room (and a kitchen). However, you may additionally should take care of an inconvenient check-in course of and some different points widespread with rental residences. Moreover, many rental residences cost a cleansing charge and repair charges so it provides a bit further to the associated fee — particularly for brief stays. That’s why we choose motels for shorter stays however longer stays are good for rental residences.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information in regards to the prices of touring by Europe (together with extra Metropolis Value Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We wish to be absolutely clear that this publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee for those who make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something further and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Assist! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.