Budapest is among the greatest cities within the EU and is commonly referred to as the Paris of the East. It stays a preferred vacation spot due to its low costs, lovely structure, youthful spirit, vibrant nightlife, and wealthy historical past. Plus, it nonetheless has that gritty Jap Europe edge — which provides to its coolness. On this journey worth information, we’ll define the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, sights, alcohol, and different issues that you just’ll expertise whenever you go to Budapest.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our European Metropolis Worth Guides.
Common Each day Price For Visiting Budapest
These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embody issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and many others. Don’t neglect to finances additional for these “non-essentials.”
NOTE: We’ve transformed all costs to US for the reason that Hungarian Forint (HUF) is a bit complicated to transform on-the-fly. Take a look at XE.com for the newest trade charges.
Each day Price of Funds Journey in Budapest: $38
- Points of interest: $7 (one paid attraction + any free websites)
- Meals: $14
- Breakfast: $three
- Lunch: $Four
- Dinner: $5.50
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): $1.50
- Transportation: $2.50
- Lodging (hostel): $10
Each day Price of Frugal Journey in Budapest: $20
- Points of interest: $Four (free strolling tour + go to one of many free websites)
- Meals: $7
- Breakfast: $zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: $2 (ethnic avenue meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: $Four (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: $1 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: $1.50
- Lodging (low cost hostel mattress): $7.50
Budapest Attraction and Museum Costs
Budapest has a load of nice sights that are all inexpensive or free. The thermal baths are nice, so convey a swimsuit otherwise you’ll have to seek out someplace to purchase one (which took me some time after I was there).
- Thermal Baths: 2,900-Four,600 HUF ($11-$17 USD)
- Hungarian Nationwide Gallery: 1,200 HUF ($Four.50)
- Museum of High quality Arts: 1,800 HUF ($7)
- Home of Terror Museum: 2,000 HUF ($7.50)
- Pinball Museum: 2,500 HUF ($9.50) contains all you possibly can play pinball
- Strolling Excursions: Free (however you need to tip the guides) — 5,000 HUF/$18.50 (for paid excursions)
Budapest Meals Costs
You need to search out as a lot Hungarian meals as you possibly can in Budapest. Hungarian meals consists of hearty soups, stews, goulash, all kinds of meat, seasonal greens, fruits, recent bread, dairy merchandise, and cheeses — it can fill you up! Costs are very inexpensive however attempt to discover the place the locals eat to get the most effective worth and high quality.
Funds Breakfast: Free-$5
- Many hostels will supply a free, easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice.
- Breakfast is a vital meal in Budapest, so that you’ll discover loads of cafés serving up some good choices. A pastry prices about $1. A much bigger breakfast will run about $Four-$5.
- You can even discover loads of budget-friendly choices on the bakery or grocery retailer.
A Few Funds Breakfast Spots:
Funds Lunch: $2-$6
- Tremendous finances vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, lunch meat, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a number of .
- Takeaway meals (like kebabs with fries) or related dishes from a takeaway store will price about 500 HUF ($1.85).
- Seize a soup to go for 500 HUF ($1.90).
- A pizza will price round 1,200 HUF ($Four.50)
- Budapest has an honest variety of ‘self-service eating places’ (mainly cafeterias) that hearken again to the times of communism. The meals are easy however tasty… and low cost. Count on to pay round 1,000 HUF ($three.75) for the principle dish.
- A combo meal at McDonald’s will price about 1500 HUF ($6).
Funds Dinner: $5-$7
- Funds vacationers will wish to have a look at the numerous ethnic eating places — a bowl of Pho will probably be about 1490 HUF ($5.50).
- A median meal of meat & potatoes will set you again about 1800 HUF ($6.75)
- You will get a pleasant meal from a non-touristy restaurant for about 1800 HUF ($6.70).
- Lots of the choices from the Funds Lunch part above additionally apply for dinner.
A Few Funds-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots:
Drinks and Alcohol
- A pint of ordinary beer out: 360 HUF ($1.30)
- A pint of beer from a grocery retailer: 225 HUF ($.85)
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: 1000 HUF ($Four.75)
- Espresso: $1.30
Budapest Transportation Costs
Budapest has community of trams, buses, and subways. They’re all inexpensive — make sure that you all the time validate your ticket as a result of they do verify riders’ tickets usually (and also you don’t wish to get a tremendous, which is $30-$60).
- Single Ticket: 350 HUF ($1.30)
- E-book of 10 Single Tickets: three,000 HUF ($11)
- Limitless Day Cross: 1,650 HUF ($6.15)
- Prepare Ticket Between Airport and Metropolis: 400 HUF ($1.50)
Budapest Hostel, Resort, & Rental House Lodging Costs
Hostels and resorts are fairly low cost in Budapest. All of the hostels we’ve stayed at have been fairly good, too. There are additionally quantity of very low cost resorts (they’ll most likely be pretty bare-bones), or you possibly can spend a bit additional in order for you extra comforts. Rental residences may also be a pleasant choice in Budapest.
Hostel Mattress: $10-$20/evening
Hostels are low cost in Budapest. The common worth of a mattress per evening is about $14 — though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you’d like a non-public room, count on to pay $40-$60.
We guide our hostels by Hostelworld.
Funds Inns: $25-$70/evening
On the low finish you possibly can count on very primary lodging, however when you get round $50/evening, the resorts get a bit higher. Both manner, count on good ol’ Soviet-era allure.
We propose trying out Reserving.com to see resort costs in your dates since they’re all the time altering.
Rental House: $30-$85/evening
Budapest has an honest quantity of rental residences all through the town. They could be a good choice for big teams or vacationers who need a bit extra space (and a kitchen). Alternatively, you may additionally must cope with inconvenient check-in processes and issues like additional cleansing charges and repair fees. For brief stays, we want resorts however longer stays are perfect for rental residences.
Be taught Extra Concerning the Price of Visiting Europe
We’ve created a information concerning the prices of touring by Europe (together with extra metropolis worth guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Prices.
No Humorous Enterprise
We wish to be totally clear that this publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee if you happen to make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something additional and it helps assist the positioning.
Thanks For The Assist! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Assist Us.