Bruges is a small village that has been frozen in time for a whole lot of years. It’s actually one of the charming locations to go to in Europe — and that’s why individuals flock there. However, regardless of the crowds, Bruges’ canals and beautiful medieval Flemish structure make town nicely definitely worth the go to. Since Bruges is a “touristy” vacation spot the costs are a bit larger than what you’ll discover in the remainder of Belgium — most notably meals and considerably on lodging.
And if the crowds get to be an excessive amount of, that’s the proper excuse to cease right into a pub to pattern a handful of Belgium’s world well-known beers (trace: search for the beer made by Trappist monks). On this information, we’ll not solely break down how a lot you’ll spend on these scrumptious beers, however we’ll cowl how a lot it prices to go to Bruges.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Worth Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our Europe Metropolis Worth Guides.
Common Each day Price For Visiting Bruges
These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably on a finances — they don’t embrace issues like large nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes procuring, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, bail cash, and many others. Don’t overlook to finances additional for these “non-essentials.”
Each day Price of Price range Journey in Bruges: €63 (Approx. $72)
- Points of interest: €10 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €31
- Breakfast: €four
- Lunch: €7.50
- Dinner: €16
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €three.50
- Transportation: €zero
- Lodging (hostel): €23
Each day Price of Frugal Journey in Bruges: €37 (Approx. $45)
- Points of interest: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €13
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €5 (ethnic road meals, takeaway store fare, or comparable)
- Dinner: €6 (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low-cost)
- Beer (pint): €2
- Transportation: €zero (town could be very walkable)
- Lodging: €19 (low-cost hostel mattress)
Bruges Attraction and Museum Costs
Bruges is known for its charming canals, cobbled streets, and medieval buildings, so most guests spend most of their time fortunately wandering the streets. A lot of the museums and different sights are moderately priced, and it can save you slightly cash with a Bruges Metropolis Card (assuming you wish to go to a couple of points of interest). Go to Official Bruges Tourism Web page for extra info.
- Basilica of the Holy Blood: free (holy blood solely displayed at sure instances), €2 for museum/treasury
- De Halve Maan Brewery: €10-€19 (consists of one beer)
- Belfry: €12 to climb to the highest
- Stadhuis (Metropolis Corridor): €four
- Groeninge Museum: €12
- Chocolate Museum: €Eight
- Fries Museum: €7
- Canal boat tour: €Eight
- Flanders Fields Battlefield (day-trip): €45-€75
- Strolling tour: Free (however it is best to tip the guides) or €12–€35 (for paid excursions)
- Bike tour: €25-€28
Bruges Meals Costs
Bruges is a touristy city so count on to pay a premium for meals within the metropolis heart. That stated, you possibly can nonetheless discover high quality meals at cheap costs by wandering a couple of blocks away from the vacationer zone.
Belgium can be world well-known for its beer so spend a while looking for distinctive Belgian brews — you gained’t should look very exhausting. Belgium can be well-known for chocolate so you’ll want to indulge your self.
Price range Breakfast: Free – €7
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less).
- A typical Bruges breakfast consists of espresso and a few form of bread/pastry (often with cheese). Count on to pay round €2-€four at a bakery, or take a look at the HEMA division retailer’s cafeteria for his or her €1 espresso & croissant particular.
A Few Price range Breakfast Concepts
Price range Lunch: €5-€10
- Tremendous finances vacationers could make an affordable lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of dollars.
- HEMA additionally has some good lunch choices at cheap costs (soups, pasta, sandwiches). Count on to pay €5-€Eight.
- Low cost takeaway meals like a kebab with fries will value about €5.
- Lunch at a restaurant/cafe runs round €Eight-€10.
Price range Dinner: €15-€25
- Mussels & fries at a good restaurant will value €20-€25.
- You need to be capable of discover dinner at a restaurant in a much less touristy a part of city for €15-€20.
- Most of the choices from the Price range Lunch part above additionally apply for dinner.
A Few Price range Lunch and Dinner Restaurant Concepts:
- Pasta Presto: This no-nonsense takeaway serves up low-cost pasta in beneficiant parts.
- Bocca: One other no-nonsense takeaway restaurant that serves up low-cost pasta in beneficiant parts.
- chez vincent: Fastfood joint serving up burgers and fries (and some different dishes).
- Soup: Good little spot serving soup and sandwiches at strong costs.
Drinks, Alcohol, and Snacks
- A pint of normal beer out: €three however some specialty Trappist beers might be €5-€Eight.
- Pint of beer from a grocery retailer: €1
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: €6
- Espresso: €1
- Waffle (from a road vendor): €2-€5, relying on toppings
- Fries & mayonnaise (from a road vendor): €three.50
Bars/Pubs With Nice Beer:
Bruges Transportation Costs
Bruges is small and really walkable, so that you shouldn’t should finances something for transportation except you intend on renting a motorcycle (about €10 for a full day). There’s a bus service that prices about €1.50 per journey but it surely’s uncertain you’d ever use it.
Bruges Hostel, Resort, and Rental Residence Lodging Costs
Lodging in Bruges tends to run slightly larger than a whole lot of different cities as a result of there aren’t many hostels and there aren’t a ton of rental residences or inns. Nevertheless, Bruges is principally tiny so most individuals solely keep a day or two.
Hostels: €21-€26 (mattress in a shared dorm room)
You need to finances about €23/night time per individual for a good hostel — though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for mattress in a shared dorm room. If you would like a personal room, count on to pay €40-€79.
We e book our hostels via Hostelworld.
Price range Motels: €58-€110
On the low finish, you shouldn’t count on a lot however when you get round 80€/night time, the inns get a bit higher (suppose Tremendous Eight or Motel 6). A room with a personal rest room and a twin mattress might be round €58-€80, and a double mattress might be €72-€100. Take a look at resort costs at Reserving.com.
Rental Residence: €90-€165+
Rental residences are typically greater than equally priced resort rooms. Plus, you’ll get a kitchen so it can save you extra money by cooking your individual meals. Moreover, in case you’re touring in a bunch, it may possibly typically be cheaper per individual to lease a single house. That stated, you’ll want to add within the additional service charges and cleansing charges.
Be taught Extra About European Journey Prices
Take a look at our information to the Price of Backpacking Europe (together with extra metropolis worth guides).
No Humorous Enterprise
We wish to be totally clear that this publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee in case you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something additional and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.