Berlin is by far the most affordable capital metropolis in Western Europe, so it’s an ideal place for budget-minded backpackers and anybody wanting an ideal deal. Berlin has world-class museums, low cost meals, loopy nightlife, and inexpensive lodging. Costs are slowly rising however there are nonetheless simple to go to with out spending some huge cash.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our European Metropolis Value Guides.
Common Each day Price For Visiting Berlin
These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably — they don’t embody issues like massive nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes procuring, excursions, random purchases and so forth. Don’t overlook to price range additional for these “non-essentials.”
Each day Price of Finances Journey in Berlin: €57 (Approx. $70)
- Sights: €12 (one paid attraction + any free websites)
- Meals: €18
- Breakfast: €2.50
- Lunch: €Four
- Dinner: €9
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €2.50
- Transportation: €5.20
- Lodging (hostel): €22/evening
Each day Price of Frugal Journey in Berlin: €36 (Approx. $42)
- Sights: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free websites)
- Meals: €10
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €Three.5 (ethnic road meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €5 (make your individual meal within the hostel or road meals)
- Beer: €1 (sit back on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €5.20 (two rides)
- Lodging (low cost hostel mattress): €16/evening
Berlin Attraction and Museum Costs
Berlin has a variety of nice museums and sights — and most are pretty inexpensive. Museum buffs will wish to try one of many many museum passes since these can prevent some cash. Moreover, there are a number of sights, monuments, parks, and road artwork which can be all completely free. Museum Portal Berlin is a good useful resource for all issues regarding museums (hours, location, costs, and so forth.).
- Pergamon Museum: €12
- Reichstag Constructing: Free
- TV Tower (Fernsehturm) Remark Deck: €15.50
- Topography of Terror: Free
- DDR Museum: €Eight.50
- Neues Museum: €12
- Sanssouci Palace: €12
- Previous Nationwide Gallery: €12
- Altes Museum: €10
- Bode Museum: €12
- Strolling Excursions: Free (however it’s best to tip the guides) — €20
Be aware: Most museums and points of interest have scholar costs, so be sure you carry your scholar ID. There are additionally a variety of Museum Passes accessible just like the Museum Island Cross for €18 which supplies you entry to all of the museums on Museum Island.
Berlin Meals Costs
You received’t go hungry in Berlin as a result of it has loads of price range choices for even probably the most penny-pinching backpacker. Most meals are hearty and the beer is reasonable. What else might you ask for?
Finances Breakfast: Free – €10
- Many hostels will provide a free, easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice. For those who’re fortunate, you may get some cold-cuts and cheese.
- Since Berlin is understood for its all-night events, it’s no shock that there are many cafés/eating places providing a hearty breakfast. Anticipate to pay €5-€10.
- You may as well discover loads of budget-friendly choices on the bakery or grocery retailer. Pastries begin round €1 and occasional will value round €2-€Four (relying on how “fancy” it’s).
A Few Finances Breakfast Choices:
Finances Lunch: €Four-€7
- Tremendous price range vacationers could make a brilliant low cost lunch of bread, deli meat, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a number of euros.
- Takeaway meals (like kebabs with fries) or comparable dishes from a takeaway store will value about €Three.50.
- Currywurst and bratwurst from a takeaway store will set you again about €2.50.
- You will get a scrumptious fried half rooster and fries for about €Four.
- An affordable pizza will value about €Three-€5.
Finances Dinner: €5-€12
- Finances vacationers will wish to hunt down the numerous ethnic eating places in Berlin. Even for conventional German fare, it’s simple to discover a good meal for €Eight-€10.
- There are variety of high quality burger joints serving burgers for round €Three.50.
- The well-known half-a-hen (with bread) from Henne’s solely prices €Eight.
- Lots of the choices from the Finances Lunch part above additionally apply for dinner.
A Few Finances Lunch And Dinner Choices:
Drinks and Alcohol
- Pint of normal beer out: €2.50-€Three.50
- Pint of beer from a grocery retailer: €.80-€1
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: €5
Berlin Transportation Costs
Berlin is a large, sprawling metropolis, so that you’ll must take public transportation. Fortunately, Berlin has nearly each transportation choice — like subways, trains, trams, buses, bikes, and taxis. Even higher, the U-Bahn, S-Bahn, bus, tram, and regional rail all use the identical ticket. Learn extra on the Official Go to Berlin web site.
- Single One-Manner Ticket: €Three.40
- Quick Distance (three cease) Single One-Manner Ticket: €1.70
- Day Card: €7.00
- Small Group Ticket (for as much as 5 folks — That is probably the most cost-effective for 3 folks and above.): €20
- Bike Rental: €Eight-€12/day
- Taxi Between Tegel and Metropolis Heart: €20–€30
- Berlin Schönefeld Airport Specific Prepare: €Three.30
- Taxi Between Schönefeld and Metropolis Heart: €40
Berlin Hostel, Resort, and Rental Condominium Costs
Berlin has numerous hostels, and the costs are inexpensive. Even motels aren’t too dangerous if you perform a little digging. Rental residences are additionally plentiful and inexpensive, they usually’re an effective way to expertise town like a neighborhood.
Plan on budgeting about €25/evening per individual for hostel, though many hostels increase their costs on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. In order for you a personal room, count on to pay €50-€70.
We e book our hostels by way of Hostelworld.
Finances Motels: €40-€100/evening
On the low finish you may count on primary lodging, however when you get round €70/evening, the motels get a bit higher.
Rental Condominium: €65-€100/evening
Rental residences are often greater than motels and also you’ll get a kitchen so it can save you more cash by cooking your individual meals. That stated, rental residences aren’t all the time tremendous handy they usually’re not nice for shorter stays.
Learn Extra In regards to the Price of Visiting Europe
We’ve created a collection of guides concerning the prices of backpacking Europe (together with extra metropolis worth guides) — Click on right here to learn extra.
No Humorous Enterprise
We wish to be absolutely clear that this publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee in case you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something additional and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.