Barcelona has loads going for it so it’s no shock it’s on the high of many vacationers’ itineraries. It has a vibrant meals scene, a plethora of distinctive historic structure, and among the finest nightlife in Europe. And it’s one of many few main European cities with seashores. It’s one in every of our favourite cities. So far as worth is anxious, Barcelona isn’t low cost, nevertheless it isn’t too terribly costly both.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our European Metropolis Value Guides.
Common Each day Value To Go to Barcelona
These costs are primarily based on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably — they don’t embrace issues like huge nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and so on. Don’t neglect to finances further for these “non-essentials.”
Each day Value of Funds Journey in Barcelona: €66 ($77 USD)
- Points of interest: €17 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €22.50
- Breakfast: €Three
- Lunch: €6
- Dinner: €11
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €2.50
- Transportation: €2.2
- Lodging (hostel): €24
Each day Value of Frugal Journey in Barcelona: €36 ($42 USD)
- Points of interest: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €13.50
- Breakfast: $zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €5 (ethnic road meals, takeaway store fare, or comparable)
- Dinner: €7 (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: €1.5 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (discover by foot)
- Lodging (low cost hostel mattress): €18
Barcelona Attraction and Museum Costs
Barcelona has a variety of fantastic neighborhoods and parks to take a look at without cost, however going to museums and different sights will price you.
- Casa Batlló: €24.50
- Church of the Sacred Household (La Sagrada Família): €15-€29
- Picasso Museum: €12-€14
- Park Guell: €7.50
- Barcelona Historical past Museum: €7
- Harbour Cable Automobile: Spherical-trip – €16.50 or one-way- €11.00
- Strolling tour: Free (however it’s best to tip the guides) or €17-€25 (for paid excursions)
- Bike tour: €22-€24
Contemplate the Barcelona Metropolis Go in the event you plan on doing a variety of sightseeing and browse our Barcelona Go Evaluation for extra particulars.
Barcelona Meals Costs
Barcelona has meals choices for almost any finances however, as at all times, you’ll wish to keep away from the vacationer areas as they’re full of overpriced and low-quality eating places. Do a little bit of analysis on-line earlier than you head out to make sure you get a high quality meal at worth. For a lot of locals, lunch is usually the largest meal of the day, in order that’s time to replenish. Moreover, most individuals don’t eat dinner till round 9-10 pm so chances are you’ll must do some snacking within the late afternoon in the event you’re accustomed to consuming earlier.
Funds Breakfast: Free-€6
- Many hostels will supply a free, easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and possibly milk, espresso, tea, or juice.
- A typical Barcelona breakfast consists of an espresso with milk and a croissant or a doughnut. For one thing extra savory, you may get a toasted ham & cheese sandwich. Count on to pay €Three-€6.
- You may as well discover loads of budget-friendly choices on the bakery or grocery retailer.
Funds Breakfast Strategies:
- El Petit: Busy joint with good espresso and breakfast choices.
- Roast Membership Cafe: Tremendous cute breakfast place with nice espresso, juice, açaí bowl, and extra.
- Tartela: Easy cafe with loads of baked items, quiche, and occasional.
- Baluard Barceloneta: Glorious bakery serving up all types of breakfast choices, espresso, bread, and different goodies.
- Gula Sana: The place to go for gluten-free baked items.
- La roseta: Doughnuts, cronuts, espresso, and loads of different baked items.
- Churreria Laietana: You possibly can’t go to Barcelona with out making an attempt churros dipped in melted chocolate.
Funds Lunch: €Three-€13
Lunch tends to be the most important meal of the day in Barcelona, however you may nonetheless discover budget-friendly choices.
- Funds vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of Euros.
- Barcelona has a superb Farmers Market with loads of meals choices.
- Pans & Firm is a series “fast-food” restaurant that provides contemporary sandwiches and salads. Consider it because the nicer, Spanish model of Subway. You will get a sandwich, drink, and facet for €Four-€7.
- An inexpensive takeaway meal (like a kebab with fries) will price about €5.
- A typical lunch at a restaurant/café will price about €Eight-€13.
- A combo meal at McDonald’s (or comparable) will price about €7.
- A takeaway pizza will set you again about €Four-€5.
Funds Lunch Strategies:
- Teddy’s Barcelona: Cozy Lebanese restaurant serving up superb wraps by none apart from Teddy himself.
- Com a Italia: Scrumptious and inexpensive pizza-by-the-slice and beer.
- Tucco Actual Meals: Italian classics like contemporary pasta, lasagna, and extra for strong costs.
- Bar Xapako: Unassuming tapas bar might not appear like it however they serve up wonderful tapas and the costs are simply pretty much as good.
- Bar Casi: An unassuming family-run restaurant which serves home-made meals at inexpensive costs.
- A Tu Bola: Meatballs and different tasty dishes.
Funds Dinner: €10-€20
- For finances vacationers, you’ll wish to have a look at the various ethnic eating places. You will discover one thing filling for about €Eight-€14.
- Spanish individuals are inclined to eat dinner later within the night at about 9-11pm. An effective way to bridge the starvation hole between lunch and dinner (or eat earlier) is tapas. You possibly can additionally pattern a couple of and make a meal out of it. Count on to pay €Four-€5/tapas or about €15 for dinner.
- You also needs to have the ability to discover dinner at a restaurant in a much less touristy a part of city for round €15. If you wish to attempt paella, it’ll be nearer to €20/particular person.
Funds Dinner Strategies:
Drinks and Alcohol
- A pint of ordinary beer: €2.50-€Four
- A pint of beer from a grocery retailer: €.80
- Bottle of (drinkable) wine from the grocery retailer: €Four.50
- Espresso: €1.50
Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Funds.
Barcelona Transportation Costs
Barcelona has public transportation community. Most individuals use the subway (Metro), and it’s air-conditioned, which gives a much-needed reprieve within the steamy summers. The town is pretty compact, so many guests stroll in every single place. Examine Barcelpona’s Public Transport web site for full particulars.
Single one-way ticket: €2.2
T10 ticket (10 one-way journeys): €10.20
2-day go: €15
Three-day go: €22
Four-day go: €28.50
5-day go: €35
Barcelona Vacationer Card (free limitless public transit, together with to/from airport, entry to some museums & different advantages):
- 2-day go: €34
- Three-day go: €44
- Four-day go: €52
- 5-day go: €58
Bus from airport to metropolis: €5.90
Prepare (RENFE) from the airport to town: €Four.10 + €2.15 (to change to subway)
Taxi from airport to metropolis: €30-€35
Barcelona Hostel, Lodge, & Lodging Costs
Barcelona does have plenty of low cost hostels and motels, however the costs do improve significantly in the summertime — you’ll wish to ebook as early as attainable to make sure you get the finest choices. Rental flats are an excellent possibility if you’d like a some added consolation to your keep.
Hostel Costs: €19-€38/evening
A well-rated hostel will price about €25-€30, however yow will discover beds as low cost as €14 — though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. In order for you a non-public room, anticipate to pay €35-€75.
We ebook our hostels via Hostelworld so verify them out to see present charges.
Funds Resorts Costs: €55-€155/evening
On the low finish you shouldn’t anticipate a lot, however when you get round €80/evening, the motels get a bit higher (suppose Tremendous Eight or Motel 6). A room with a non-public lavatory and twin mattress can be round €55-€90; a double mattress can be €80-€155.
Rental Condominium Costs: €90-€140+/evening
From our expertise, rental flats are typically bigger than equally priced lodge rooms. Plus, you’ll get a kitchen so it can save you extra money by cooking your individual meals. That mentioned, typically rental flats do have a couple of downsides
Learn Extra Concerning the Value of Visiting Europe
We’ve created a information in regards to the prices of touring via Europe (together with extra metropolis worth guides) — Click on right here to see all 30+ Metropolis Value Guides.
No Humorous Enterprise
We wish to be absolutely clear that this submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee in the event you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something further and it helps help the positioning.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.