Whereas Antwerp is finest often called the middle of the diamond commerce, it’s really a hidden gem due to its medieval structure, vibrant nightlife, vogue scene, and artwork. Antwerp’s cobbled streets, café tradition, pleasant individuals, and a powerful cathedral make town price visiting in the event you’re within the neighborhood. Costs are about common for Western Europe, and it’s a fast journey to Belgium’s different well-known cities.
This text is a part of our Metropolis Value Information Sequence — Click on right here to see all our metropolis value guides.
Common Every day Prices for Visiting Antwerp, Belgium
Beneath is our breakdown of how a lot you’ll be able to count on to spend on a median day for the budget-conscious traveler. These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to town comfortably. They don’t embody issues like huge nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes buying, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and so on. Don’t overlook to price range further for these “non-essentials.”
Common Every day Prices for Finances Journey In Antwerp: €59 (Approx. $70)
- Sights: €9 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €25
- Breakfast: €Four
- Lunch: €6
- Dinner: €12
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €2.50
- Transportation: €Three
- Lodging (Hostel): €22
Every day Price of Frugal Journey In Antwerp: €39 (Approx. $46)
- Sights: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €16
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €5 (avenue meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €9 (make your individual meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: €1.50 (relax on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low-cost Hostel): €18
Antwerp Attraction And Museum Costs
- Museum Mayer van den Bergh: €eight
- The Rubens Home: €10
- Museum Aan de Stroom: €10
- Museum Plantin Moretus: €eight
- Pink Star Line Museum: €eight
- Strolling & Excursions: Free-€24
- Bicycle excursions are widespread in Antwerp and value €18-€24 relying on group dimension. Excursions can be found in the course of the daytime and at night time and sometimes final Three hours.
Antwerp Meals Costs
Antwerp eating presents conventional Belgian fare and worldwide choices. Fries, waffles, mussels, and chocolate are among the many area’s specialties, however conventional Belgian meals is usually a little costly in the event you don’t know the place to look. Cheaper takeaway choices and ethnic eating places are additionally straightforward to seek out.
Finances Breakfast: Free – €7
- Many hostels will provide a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will provide extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are usually overpriced, so skip these most often.
- Cafés are fashionable in Antwerp and are situated all through town. Anticipate to pay €2-€Four for espresso and a pastry.
- Normo is a well-liked alternative for espresso, tea, and the Antwerp café expertise.
- Antwerp Espresso is an area specialty: black espresso with Elixer d’Anvers, an natural liquor. €Three-€5
- Road distributors promote Brussels and Liege waffles. Anticipate to pay €2-€Four.
A Few Finances Breakfast Locations
Finances Lunch: €Three.50-€10
- Tremendous price range vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for just a few euros.
- Belgian fries, served together with meat, gravies, curries, mayonnaise, and different toppings, are fashionable favorites as takeaway, count on to pay €Three-€5.
- Falafel, kebab, and gyros can be found for takeaway at stands within the metropolis. €Three-€6
- Sandwich stands and walk-ups are additionally widespread all through town and run €Four-€5 for a meal.
- Vegetarian and ethnic meals run €5-€7 for a meal.
A Few Finances Lunch Locations:
Finances Dinner: €10-€25
- Just about all of the choices from the ‘Finances Lunch’ part above may also apply for dinner.
- Fastened-price menus can be found at many eating places and can run €25-€35 for Three-Four programs at a sit-down institution.
- Brasseries provide beer and a wide range of meals decisions. Anticipate to pay €12-€25 for a meal at a sit-down restaurant providing conventional Belgian meals. De 7 Schacken is a well-liked native alternative.
A Few Finances Dinner Locations:
TRAVEL TIP: Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Finances.
Drinks and Alcohol:
- Anticipate to pay €Three-€Three.50 for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs €.99-€2.45, and a bottle of wine about €7.75
- Paters Vaetje is a superb beer bar.
Antwerp Transportation Costs
Antwerp’s public transit system is made up of trams and buses working by way of town heart. As a result of town is so small, most discover strolling or biking to be the simplest method to get round.
Tickets may be bought at kiosks (‘pre-sale’) or from the driving force; pre-sale tickets are cheaper.
- 60-minute single ticket: €Three
- 10 60-minute tickets: €14 (not accessible from the driving force)
- Day cross (24-hours): €6 pre-sale/€eight from the driving force
- Three-day cross: €12
- 5-day cross: €17
Airport Transportation Choices
- through bus: €Three, traces 51, 52, 53 (assuming a visit to Antwerp Airport)
- through prepare, Brussels airport to Antwerp: €12
- through bus, Brussels airport to Antwerp: €10, a method
Bicycle rental: €Three.80/€9 for day/week bicycle rental, plus €.50 for 30-60 minute use, €1 for 60-90 minute use
Antwerp Hostel, Lodge, & Rental Residence Costs
There are just a few hostels in Antwerp to allow them to be dearer than you’d count on (however the high quality is sweet).
Hostels: €15-€28 (mattress in a shared dorm room)
You need to price range about 22€/night time per particular person for a good hostel — though many hostels elevate their costs on the weekend. Bear in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you would like a non-public room you must count on to pay €52-€60 whole (for 2 individuals), so it’s in all probability a greater deal to hire an residence.
We e-book our hostels by way of Hostelworld.
Finances Resorts: €70-€130
A good price range resort that’s within the metropolis heart will value round €85-€100/night time. Yow will discover cheaper inns if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of town or in the event you don’t thoughts staying in a junky place.
We advocate Reserving.com as a result of they’ve the most important stock of reasonably priced inns.
Rental Residence: €52-€125/night time
Rental residences are different to inns if that possibility sounds attention-grabbing to your journey fashion. You’ll get a kitchen so it can save you more cash by cooking your individual meals however inns do provide some conveniences as properly.
There are fairly just a few good Airbnb choices accessible in Antwerp — you must be capable of discover a extremely rated studio or 1-bedroom for round €70/night time, however I’ve seen some as low cost as €45/night time. If you wish to hire a room in somebody’s place, count on to pay round €25-€40/night time.
Extra Metropolis Value Guides
We’ve written greater than 30 European metropolis costs guides — see all of them on our Price To Go to Europe Information
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. Which means we obtain a small fee in the event you make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something further and it helps assist the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.