Prague has quite a bit going for it — the beer is affordable, the town seems like a fairy story, the nightlife is nice, it’s pretty inexpensive, and it has a ton of first-class hostels. Actually, the town has over 100 hostels however we’ve narrowed it all the way down to what we contemplate one of the best hostels in Prague.
Prague Hostels: Fast Data
Common Worth For A Mattress
A mattress in a highly-rated lodge will value anyplace from about $16-$42/night time with an common round $27/night time. The most cost effective hostel you’ll discover shall be round $11/night time however the high quality most-likely gained’t be nice. NOTE: These are “high-season” costs — low season costs shall be 20%-30% cheaper. Additionally, costs are sometimes a bit dearer on Friday and Saturday nights than on weeknights.
Examine HostelWorld to get actual costs in your dates.
Touring in a bunch? Take into account Airbnb (get $35 credit score if you use this hyperlink) as a result of the per individual value might be cheaper than a hostel — particularly if you need a personal room.
Extra Prague Hostel Ideas
- Low-cost Beds & Good Hostels Go Early: Hostel costs are pretty standardized (there are a couple of outliers) however the high quality does differ fairly a bit. The most effective choices do get booked up rapidly — particularly in the summertime.
- Examine Location: Most hostels in Prague are centrally situated however there are a couple of situated outdoors the town. Those outdoors the town are usually cheaper however then you need to take care of the commute.
- Non-public Rooms: Non-public rooms in hostels may be costly. Actually, they’re generally, however not all the time, as costly as a lodge room.
- Weekend Charges: Count on to pay further on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Celebration Hostels: Prague is a celebration metropolis so most of the hostels cater to the get together crowd — which is one thing you’ll need to look into earlier than reserving.
- Examine-In Occasions and Cleansing Occasions: Many hostels have late check-in instances (round 2 pm-Four pm) however practically all will allow you to retailer your luggage if you happen to arrive earlier than check-in.
- New To Hostels? Take a look at our Hostels 101 Information to be taught the whole lot you want to learn about discovering the right hostel.
Prague’s Greatest Hostels
Our Hostel Rating Standards
- General High quality: We take a holistic take a look at the hostel to see the positives and negatives. Our aim is to seek out superb hostels which are nonetheless inexpensive.
- Location: Most hostels we checklist shall be centrally situated however we’ll remember to notice it.
- Worth: We attempt to filter out the tremendous costly hostels to assist discover one of the best worth to high quality ratio.
- Vibe/Ambiance: Each hostel has a persona and attracts a sure sort of traveler.
- Kitchen: Not all hostels have a kitchen however we give further factors to those which have them.
- Previous Visitor Evaluations: Each visitor has a distinct expertise so we take a look at the nice and the dangerous.
We do encourage you to take a look at HostelWorld to do a little bit of looking your self.
NOTE: All costs listed under are the most cost-effective possibility out there through the busy (i.e. costly) season. Costs will usually be 20%+ cheaper through the slower seasons.
Hostel One Prague
Hostel One Prague is a big award-winning hostel that will get a ton of excellent evaluations for its environment, cleanliness, and workers. It’s definitely a celebration hostel and the workers is all the time keen to hitch in on the enjoyable so that you’ll meet a number of nice individuals… however you gained’t get a ton of sleep. The workers additionally makes free dinner each night time — which is a good way to satisfy individuals and save a bit money. Ohh, and so they have a bar, a kitchen, and so they arrange pub crawls. It’s a bit outdoors the town middle (a couple of 15-20 min tram) and it’s type of costly — however individuals nonetheless love the place.
Hostel One Residence
Hostel One House is one other tremendous common get together hostel that vacationers love — particularly for solo vacationers and other people wanting to satisfy tons of individuals. The workers goes an amazing job of making a social environment like cooking a free nightly dinner. The rooms are good, clear, and the beds are comfy. The situation can be nice so that you’re inside strolling distance of most sights. The principle draw back is the value because it’s kinda costly.
Mosaic Home is a mega hostel that feels a bit like a mixture between a hostel and a boutique lodge. There’s a bar and a kitchen nevertheless it doesn’t have a lot of a social environment (which is widespread in actually giant hostels) so it’s not nice to solo vacationers or individuals wanting to satisfy fellow vacationers. That mentioned, it is likely to be a stable, and inexpensive, alternative for teams if you need a low-key place to remain that’s in a stable location.
Hostel Santini Prague
Hostel Santini Prague is an award-winning small hostel that’s situated in the midst of Prague. The workers is nice, the beds are comfy, and the place is clear. They usually have free breakfast. It has a little bit of a lodge vibe so it’s not tremendous social — it’s higher for individuals wanting a quiet night time’s sleep.
Publish Hostel Prague
Publish Hostel Prague is a good clear and trendy hostel that’s a 15-minute stroll to the town middle. The workers does an excellent job of making a social environment and not using a making a loopy get together scene. There’s a good self-catering kitchen and chill-out rooms that helps with the social vibe.
Czech Inn not solely has a punny identify nevertheless it’s Prague’s hottest hostel. The hostel is a modern and comfy with a boutique really feel. The hostel is clear and the workers is useful. There’s a kitchen, bar, and chill-out area so there’s a full of life and pleasant environment however we wouldn’t name this a celebration hostel — it’s a pleasant stability. It’s situated in a cool neighborhood that’s only a bit outdoors of the touristy a part of the town — you’ll really feel like an area. Plus, you’re a couple of 10-minute tram experience into the middle of city.
Sir Toby’s Hostel
Sir Toby’s Hostel is an excellent pleasant hostel that has quite a bit to supply — a bar, laundry services, a kitchen, backyard space, and all types of group actions. The workers is tremendous good and so they do an amazing job maintaining the place clear. This can be a nice hostel for assembly different vacationers due to its social environment nevertheless it’s not a celebration hostel. The one draw back is that the situation — it’s in a enjoyable neighborhood that’s a couple of 45-minute stroll or a 20-minute tram experience to the previous city.
Sophie’s Hostel is a boutique hostel that has a number of stylish design components — nevertheless it’s truly inexpensive. Sophie’s has a superb workers, it’s stored clear, and the situation is simply far sufficient from the vacationer space that you just really feel like an area. They do have a bar/cafe with a each day completely satisfied hour and a kitchen in order that helps create a pleasant environment.
The MadHouse Prague
MadHouse Prague is one other glorious and award-winning hostel that gives each day actions, video games, nightly group dinners and a homey environment. The workers does an amazing job of making a full of life/get together environment and so they arrange a number of outings (pub crawls, beer gardens, beer pong, household dinners, and many others.) — which is nice if you happen to’re searching for meet different vacationers simply. Plus, the hostel is in an amazing location.
Nothing trying like your cup of tea from the above hostels? Fret not as a result of we’ve assembled a handful of different hostels that also bought stable evaluations however didn’t fairly make our “finest” checklist.
Prague Journey Information
Prague Journey Information: What do to, see, and eat in Prague — whereas on a finances.
MORE HELPFUL TRAVEL ADVICE
Listed here are some useful hyperlinks to articles that we predict you’ll discover attention-grabbing if you happen to’re staying in hostels and touring round Europe on a finances.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee if you happen to make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something further and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Be taught extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.