Over the previous few years, Copenhagen has turn into the must-visit metropolis in Europe so increasingly more guests are flocking to this vibrant capital metropolis. That mentioned, Copenhagen is an costly vacation spot and hostel costs are a bit above common when in comparison with different main cities. That’s why we’ve sorted via the town’s roughly 20 hostels to seek out you the most effective hostels in Copenhagen so that you get probably the most worth out of your lodging.
QUICK INFO ABOUT COPENHAGEN HOSTELS
Listed below are some useful tips that will help you choose the right hostel.
AVERAGE PRICE FOR A BED
A mattress in a highly-rated resort will price anyplace from about €27-€45/night time with an common round €34/night time. You would possibly have the ability to discover a cheaper hostel however there’s a superb probability it will likely be very low high quality. NOTE: These are “high-season” costs — low season costs will likely be 25%-50% cheaper. Additionally, costs are sometimes a bit costlier on Friday and Saturday nights than on weeknights. Verify HostelWorld to get actual costs to your dates.
MORE COPENHAGEN HOSTEL TIPS
- Low cost Beds & Good Hostels Go Early: Hostel costs are pretty standardized in Milan however the high quality can range fairly a bit. One of the best choices do get booked up shortly — particularly in the summertime.
- Verify Location: Most hostels in Copenhagen are centrally positioned however there are a number of positioned exterior the town. Copenhagen does have a superb public transportation that will help you get round shortly.
- Non-public Rooms: Non-public rooms in hostels might be costly. The truth is, they’re generally as costly as a resort room.
- Weekend Charges: Copenhagen is a well-liked weekend vacation spot so count on to pay additional on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Fewer Beds = Extra Costly: Most hostels can have dorms with totally different quantities of beds. Generally, the extra beds in a room the inexpensive it will likely be.
- Verify-In Occasions and Cleansing Occasions: Many hostels have late check-in instances (round 2 pm-Four pm) however almost all will allow you to retailer your luggage if you happen to arrive earlier than check-in.
- New To Hostels? Take a look at our Hostels 101 Information to study all the things you have to find out about discovering the right hostel.
COPENHAGEN’S BEST HOSTELS
OUR HOSTEL RANKING CRITERIA
- Total High quality: We take a holistic take a look at the hostel to see the positives and negatives. Our objective is to seek out superb hostels which are nonetheless inexpensive.
- Location: Most hostels we listing will likely be centrally positioned.
- Worth: We attempt to filter out the tremendous costly hostels to assist discover the most effective value to high quality ratio.
- Vibe/Ambiance: Each hostel has a character. Some are occasion hostels and a few are quiet. We attempt to be aware the ambiance so yow will discover a spot to remain that matches your journey type.
- Previous Visitor Opinions: Each visitor has a distinct expertise so we take a look at the great and the unhealthy. We advise you’re taking a couple of minutes to learn prior opinions.
We encourage you to take a look at HostelWorld to do a little bit of looking your self.
NOTE: All costs listed under are the most cost-effective choice obtainable in the course of the busy (i.e. costly) season. Costs will typically be 20%+ cheaper in the course of the slower seasons.
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel has been named the Most Widespread Hostel in Copenhagen for a number of years. We love the way it’s centrally positioned so that you’re within the coronary heart of nightlife, eating places, cafes, purchasing, and sightseeing. The hostel additionally has a cool bar (with glad hour) and lounge so it’s an amazing hostel for solo vacationers or anybody wanting to satisfy and mingle with different vacationers — but it surely may not be the most effective place if you’d like a really quiet hostel. The hostel can also be saved spotless and so they have hairdryers in order that’s a pleasant bonus. On the draw back, there isn’t a kitchen so you possibly can’t lower your expenses by cooking your individual meals.
City Home Copenhagen by MEININGER
City Home Copenhagen is one other tremendous widespread hostel in Copenhagen that will get numerous love from previous friends. It’s centrally positioned (solely a two-minute stroll from the prepare station) and near nightlife/eating places. The hostel is pretty giant but it surely does a reasonably good job of sustaining a welcoming ambiance (they arrange plenty of actions).
There’s a good bar/restaurant on-site and there’s a massive widespread room and courtyard backyard so it isn’t too troublesome to satisfy fellow vacationers. We additionally like how they’ve a self-catering kitchen (however no free breakfast). Some folks had been delay by the hostel’s automated self-check-in since as a result of there isn’t anybody to welcome you/inform you in regards to the hostel.
Sleep in Heaven
Sleep In Heaven Hostel is positioned in a hip neighborhood (Norrebro) that’s a bit exterior the town heart — you’ll discover plenty of cool bars, eating places, golf equipment, and purchasing. They provide bike leases or you possibly can take a 15-minute bus journey to the middle of city.
The hostel has a chill vibe and the employees is extremely pleasant. They’ve a pleasant bar (with 2 for 1 glad hour), loads of widespread areas (together with an out of doors beer backyard, pool tables, and so on.) to satisfy different vacationers. That additionally provide free strolling excursions. There isn’t a kitchen however Sleep In Heaven is without doubt one of the most cost-effective hostels in Copenhagen so it’s a wonderful choice if you happen to’re on a decent finances.
Generator Copenhagen is an award-winning hostel that’s a part of the top-rated Generator chain of hostels so you already know that is going to be a strong hostel. The Generator Copenhagen is a really giant hostel so it does have a little bit of a boutique resort vibe — which implies the ambiance isn’t nice for assembly different vacationers but it surely’s quiet so that you’re extra more likely to get a pleasant night time’s sleep. This hostel is positioned within the coronary heart of Copenhagen so you possibly can’t actually ask for a greater location.
The rooms are good, there’s a massive bar (with glad hour), and many widespread areas. There isn’t a self-catering kitchen or free breakfast however there are many cafes/eating places/supermarkets within the space.
Metal Home Copenhagen
Metal Home Copenhagen is a new luxurious hostel that’s positioned within the coronary heart of Copenhagen. It’s acquired a cool “industrial stylish” design and it’s full of recent facilities that you simply don’t usually discover in a hostel — superb kitchen, pool, gymnasium, bar/cafe, loads of widespread areas, film room, snug beds, and so on. You may even examine in through their App.
Metal Home does have a boutique resort really feel however they do numerous issues to assist hold the “hostel” vibe — free strolling excursions, karaoke, yoga lessons, a pleasant bar w/ dwell music, snug locations to sit back, and extra. The primary draw back is that there a is a small price to entry among the facilities (pool, gymnasium, and kitchen). That mentioned, this is without doubt one of the extra inexpensive hostels in Copenhagen so paying a bit additional for these facilities isn’t an enormous deal.
MORE HELPFUL TRAVEL ADVICE
Listed below are some useful hyperlinks to articles that we expect you’ll discover fascinating if you happen to’re staying in hostels and touring round Europe on a finances.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be totally clear that this publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee if you happen to make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t price you something additional and it helps help the positioning.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.