After transferring from one metropolis to a different throughout this 19-country Europe Journey, I used to be actually eager for a staycation. Touring is definitely enjoyable however the act of persistently packing, unpacking, and transferring round to varied international locations through airplane, practice, and bus with 20 kilos of baggage on toll is critically tiring! It might not appear to be it however I nonetheless work eight hours a day even once I’m out touring. I write, take my Teaching Purchasers’ name, and do a number of the administrative works for the weblog. It’s not all butterflies right here however hey, I’m not complaining. I’m very joyful that every one our exhausting work are paying off 🙂
Anyway, staycation got here true right here in Serbia (which occurs to be my 119th nation) when MARK Resort Belgrade hosted me and gave me a Premium Suite which is a nook room on the seventh ground with the hanging view of the sundown. I’m feeling somewhat beneath the climate so I’m very joyful I received to sleep all afternoon in my room’s king-size mattress. Once I awakened, it was all work. I had tons of emails to take care of. I wasn’t in a position to do a lot round however I’m joyful to share with you ‘what may have been my plan’ if I wasn’t feeling sick and if I weren’t that busy :p
QUICK FACTS ABOUT SERBIA
Visa wanted for Filipinos: A number of Entry Schengen Visa or a sound US/UK Visa
Foreign money: Serbian Dinar (1 Euro = 118 Dinar). Euros and US Dollars are accepted too
Languages Spoken: Serbian however Hungarian, Romany, and some different languages are spoken by a couple of folks too
Airport: Nikola Tesla Airport
Worldwide Borders: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Romania (albeit some being disputed)
WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO IN BELGRADE?
1) Discover the Metropolis on foot- Belgrade is a metropolis stuffed with chilling historical past. Stroll round to see the Nationwide Meeting of Serbia, New Court docket, Nikola Pašić Sq., the Syndicate Home, the Terazije Sq., the Prince Mihailo Monument in Republic Sq., in addition to the Nationwide Theater and Nationwide Museum.
2) Stroll round and buy groceries on the Knez Mihailo Avenue- From the musicians enjoying on the road, the artwork galleries that you could enter without cost, and tons of boutiques starting from mid-range to high-end, eating places, pubs, and cafes everywhere, you’ll by no means run out of issues to do right here. It’s a stunning place to simply do some simple strolling and the most effective half is the structure on both sides is astonishing!
three) Go to the Belgrade Fortress- One of many prime vacationer sights right here is that this large fortress which can be a park and is dwelling to a Zoo and a Army Museum. From right here, you’ll additionally get a stunning view of the Sava and Danube Rivers in addition to the New Belgrade.
four) Go to the Church of the Holy Mom of God- Simply outdoors of the Northeastern aspect of the Fortress is that this stunning Church. Opposite to the grandiose structure of the preferred Church buildings in Europe just like the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, this one is small and camouflaged in Ivy crops. It seems easy on the surface however when you get inside, you’ll be mesmerized by all of the tiny particulars painted on the partitions, particularly the chandelier which was made out of bullets fired from the primary world struggle.
5) Spend your time visiting museums- Among the best methods to expertise a rustic is to get a glimpse of its previous. Belgrade has a number of specialty museums such because the Josip Broz Tito Mausoleum, Historic Museum of Serbia, Nikola Tesla Museum, and a complete lot extra which is worthy of your time.
6) GO OUT AND PARTY!!!- Lots of people have informed me that the most effective factor about Belgrade is their loopy nightlife. Serbians actually know find out how to occasion so don’t miss out on the enjoyable (like me). Partying isn’t actually my factor now but when it’s yours, or even when it isn’t, that is actually a should strive! Widespread neighborhoods for partying embody the Savamala district, Ada Lake, and the Skadarlija neighborhood.
WHERE I STAYED IN BELGRADE, SERBIA
MARK Resort Belgrade was type sufficient to host me of their Premium Suite which is a nook room on the seventh ground with the candy view of the sundown. It’s a 35 sq. meter room fitted with a Double Mattress, 32” LED TV with cable, Phone, and naturally, a Free (and tremendous quick) wifi. Amongst many different issues, here’s what I cherished about my stick with them:
1) The situation- Very first thing that we search for a lodge is the placement, am I proper? This lodge gained’t fail you in your reserving standards. It’s strategically positioned within the coronary heart of Belgrade and by the guts, I imply it’s solely 2 minutes strolling distance from the landmark Palace Belgrade, Yugoslav Drama Theater and The Home of Parliament.
2) The parks nearby- Regardless of being on the Metropolis Middle, Manjež, Tašmajdan, and Pioneer Parks are near the lodge which could be very good to simply take a breather.
three) The laundry service throughout the hotel- I badly wanted some recent garments and I’m so joyful I can exit with my pajamas to drop-off all my soiled garments this time. Haha! I paid 5 Euros for a giant bag of soiled garments which is fairly low-cost for Europe 🙂
four) The stunning suite- The room is trendy, spacious, clear, and cozy. I stayed longer in my room than outdoors and I’m joyful I lastly received to rejuvenate! I had the proper staycation right here.
5) The staff- Everyone right here was simply beautiful they usually stored on reassuring if I’m having a snug keep! One of many employees was even type sufficient to take pictures of me in my room and have selfies with me haha.
1) How a lot are the room charges in MARK Resort Belgrade?
Try the newest room charges on the Resort’s Web site, Reserving.com, or Lodges.com
2) What’s the check-in and check-out time?
2:00 PM and 12:00 PM respectively.
three) Have they got their very own parking area?
None however there are close by slots for 15 Euros/day.
four) Is breakfast included with the rooms?
Sure, and it’s actually good!
5) Are pets allowed?
Sure however on request and with extra charges.
6) Have they got a restaurant?
Sure. They serve Native and Worldwide Delicacies (their specialty is Italian).
7) Do you suggest this lodge?
eight) Are you able to smoke within the property?
Solely on the bar space on the bottom ground.
9) Are you able to convey outdoors meals and drinks on the lodge?
It’s not allowed to convey any meals or alcoholic drinks into your room.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!