It has been a 12 months since Hurricane Irma devastated Florida the place we have been residing then. It was a really tough time for us however we managed to outlive along with our S/V Empress. It was powerful for certain and due to that, my religion in God was restored, I began to imagine in Him and belief His will. I’ve by no means prayed a lot till then! A 12 months after surviving the hurricane, right here I’m in my 110th nation in Larnaca, Cyprus thanking the heavens for this lovely world we name dwelling. Life actually has a mysterious means of unusual us!
Larnaca is taken into account as Cyprus’ oldest soul with its historical past relationship way back to 10,000 years. It’s a thriving coastal city within the south coast of Cyprus and is outlined by its bustling promenade lined with large palm timber, lovely seashores, outdated neighbourhoods, buying facilities with conventional architectures, and fish taverns. It’s a metropolis the place outdated meets new in excellent concord. For this put up, I’ll provide you with an itinerary on this laidback Mediterranean Metropolis.
Cool Issues You Can See And Do In Larnaca, Cyprus In four Days
- Go across the Metropolis Centre – Simply stroll round and also you’ll end up strolling alongside lovely cobblestoned roads amidst outdated constructions and the seashore. There are very attention-grabbing locations to see such because the Palm Timber Promenade, Larnaca Medieval Citadel and Museum, and The Outdated Aqueduct, amongst others. That is additionally the most effective time to attempt their native delicacies
- Dive on the Zenobia Wreck – Divers from all around the world come to see this mysterious 170-meter lengthy ship on the seventh of June 1980. On the dive website, there are nonetheless kind of 100 vans to see. Open Water Divers are welcome to see this fascinating magnificence amidst the tragedy. This can certainly be an exhilarating and thrilling dive of a lifetime so don’t miss this in your go to to Cyprus. (I’m coming again for this!)
- Go to the St. Lazarus Church – Lazarus of Bethany, often known as Saint Lazarus or Lazarus of the 4 Days, is the particular person whose life was restored by Jesus four days after his loss of life. His physique is buried beneath this Church and no matter any faith, I feel it’s price a go to.
- Chill on the Mackenzie Seashore – Head on to this seashore when you’re in search of some high quality time and nice meals at an reasonably priced worth. It’s nice for swimming. Additionally it is shallow so in case you have children, then this could possibly be an effective way to spend the day 🙂
- Attend a Pottery Workshop at Emira Pottery – For simply eight Euros per class and one other 2 Euros for the gear rental, you’ll have the ability to convey dwelling a hand-crafted pot which you made with your individual palms and to not point out a brand new ability. They’ve a passionate instructor which can be sure to get the most effective expertise. (Be sure to do that at the very least 2 days earlier than you allow. It takes time to glaze and cook dinner the pot within the kiln)
- Go to Larnaca Salt Lake – In the course of the summer time, this lake dries up right into a sea of salt and are available winter time, migrating Pink Flamingos could be seen in all places. It’s equally astonishing in each seasons so no matter time of the 12 months it’s, it’s price a go to.
- Go to the Mosque of Hala Sultan – On the shores of the Larnaca, Salt Lake is a vital pilgrimage website for Muslims. This advanced consists of a mosque, mausoleum, minaret, cemetery, and residing quarters for women and men. As per Wikipedia, this advanced shouldn’t be owned by any non secular motion and is open to all.
WHERE I STAYED IN LARNACA, CYPRUS
Near each the Larnaca Worldwide Airport and the city heart lies the luxurious Palm Seashore Lodge & Bungalows. I stayed right here for three nights and daily simply will get higher and higher. Their spacious backyard, non-public seashore, and trendy services, gave me my much-needed consolation from all of the border crossings and touring I’ve been doing (sure it may be bodily tiring!).
All their rooms are embellished in up to date model splashed with Mediterranean colours. You may select between the Double/Twin Room, Superior Room, Bungalow, Household Bungalow with Backyard and Pool, and Royal Suite, after which select whether or not you need the Backyard View or Seaview. The room seemed prefer it was taken out of a magazine! It’s that stunning. The mattress is luscious, there’s quite a lot of house, the bathroom is well-equipped, and the view from the balcony is simply breathtaking.
They’ve three Swimming Swimming pools, a Spa and Wellness Middle which embrace a Sauna, Scorching Tub, and a Steam Bathtub. A number of actions could be carried out contained in the lodge’s compound similar to swimming, water snowboarding, tennis and sunbathing. (Now you realize why I didn’t actually spend quite a lot of time exterior haha).
5 Eating places and 5 bars could be discovered inside, all serving a variety of worldwide delicacies. The breakfast buffet is served within the espresso store or on the out of doors patio. Have I discussed that they hosted me with free meals? I’m not biased however their meals is wonderful! The Common Supervisor, Mr. Antonis, made certain I attempt all the most effective meals they’ve from salad, appetizer dips, recent snapper, salmon, shrimp, lamb liver, pork chops with recent native bread, and a complete lot extra haha.
Truthfully, what made me wish to keep longer right here essentially the most is the genuineness and hospitality I’ve acquired from all of the workers from the cleaners, room boys, receptionists, waiters, and supervisor. Everybody was simply so heat and welcoming. No marvel they’ve quite a lot of ‘repeat clients’ sufficient for them to have a ‘Cocktail Repeater Celebration’ each sundown which I used to be in a position to have entry to :p Right here, I’ve met Dolores who’s widowed (she used to return right here usually when her husband was nonetheless alive) and a pair from Southeast England who’ve stayed on this property for 36 occasions already. Wow! In addition they have a theme social gathering each night time which made me excited to ‘come dwelling’ 🙂
I extremely, vastly, and excessively suggest this lodge. Two thumbs up for them! Chances are you’ll test the most recent room charges on their web site or at reserving.com. Have a terrific day in Cyprus! 🙂
P.S. For Philippines passport holders, you want a A number of Entry Schengen Visa to enter Cyprus. It’s a part of the EU however not a part of the Schengen zone. Additionally, be sure to can present proof of your lodging reserving, flight ticket, and monetary capability. The Immigration is sort of strict about this as there’s quite a lot of Filipino staff right here.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!