Once I lastly had the prospect to go to Las Vegas within the USA earlier this yr, I positively made it my purpose to go to one of many nice 7 pure wonders of the world: the Grand Canyon. In spite of everything, I might NEVER move up on the prospect to witness its immense and luxurious magnificence, particularly because it is among the most distinguishable and immense landmarks on this planet. (Pink Jeep Excursions)
But in fact, there was a query of whether or not I ought to drive to one of many Grand Canyon’s rims myself or if I ought to take a tour… Nonetheless, since I needed to have a extra numerous expertise with out the effort of driving on my own, I made a decision to search for a tour operator. There certainly have been a LOT of them to select from, however in the top, I went with the top-rated and multi-awarded highway tour firm throughout the American Southwest: Pink Jeep Excursions!
By means of their prime ‘Drive, Fly, & Float Journey Tour‘, you wager that I made probably the most out of my Grand Canyon expertise as I obtained the prospect to get pleasure from its views by land, by air, and by water.
When you’re extra into shifting visuals, come and take a peek into the video I made beneath which summarizes my complete Pink Jeep Excursions journey:
Pink Jeep Excursions [website] of the Pink Journey Group is the longest-running off-road ‘Premier Journey Tour Firm’ within the USA’s Southwest. Based in Sedona, Arizona by Don Pratt again within the 1960s, it has since been often known as a ‘should do’ journey tour not solely by way of Sedona’s Pink Rock nation, but in addition by way of the Grand Canyon and the bustling Las Vegas (with over 300,000 friends yearly!).
» WHY PINK? The founder first discovered his penchant for the colour pink when he stayed on the Royal Hawaiian Resort in Waikiki throughout a visit trip.
He proceeded to direct his newfound fascination for the dynamic shade pink in the direction of his fleet of tour autos — and as such, the corporate’s iconic identify was born. These days, Shawn Wendell is working the corporate for greater than 28 years and he regularly abides by this branding.
Now, you may additionally be considering: “Why did you selected Pink Jeep Excursions?”
Nicely, I’ll let you know by now that it’s not due to my related fascination for the colour pink (haha). Fact be instructed, other than the already talked about incontrovertible fact that they’re a top-rated firm within the USA, I selected to expertise and help Pink Jeep Excursions due to their tried-and-tested experience, their very good customer support, their dedication to environmental accountability, in addition to their dedication to passenger security and tour information experience!
Moreover, as a longtime model within the Southwest scene, Pink Jeep Excursions even provides a wide range of historic and pure expeditions within the following places that may actually match any form of traveler on the market.
» Serviced Areas
Photograph by Pink Jeep Excursions
SEDONA. That is the founding level of Pink Jeep Excursions and it stays to be the corporate’s headquarters while they proceed to deliver friends to the world’s gorgeous crimson rock formations and Native American Tradition on a pink Jeep Wrangler.
~ Checklist of Sedona excursions: [click]
GRAND CANYON. Pink Jeep Excursions within the Grand Canyon depart from Tusayan which is simply south of the Grand Canyon Nationwide Park’s entrance.
~ Checklist of Grand Canyon excursions: [click]
LAS VEGAS. This chapter was opened greater than 15 years in the past with excursions occurring inside Las Vegas and departing from Las Vegas. So as to add, it has been voted because the “Greatest Floor Tour” for five years working by the Southern Nevada Resort Concierge Affiliation and it’s even consistently garnering 5-star critiques from prospects.The excursions are additionally not solely designed for a small interactive group expertise, however they’re some form of a ‘particular entry’ in itself too — it is because it is among the few permitted excursions in Nevada that has been allowed to journey to distant areas which might be sometimes inaccessible to most.
~ Checklist of Grand Canyon excursions: [click]
» Employees & Pink Autos
STAFF. You’ll be assured to know that ALL tour guides and/or drivers of the Pink Journey Group are the perfect within the enterprise given how they’ve been extensively educated and taught — in reality, they’re licensed in CPR and First Help (so you’ll be able to at all times have the peace of thoughts throughout a journery). So behind that enjoyable, smiling, and pleasant faces, you’ll be able to belief Pink Jeep Tour guides to be as accountable as they are often!
VEHICLES. Pink Jeep Excursions have constructed custom-designed autos to make sure sturdiness and security, with out compromising consolation and luxurious. These days, they’ve 2 varieties:
- Pink Journey Tour Trekker: Designed by Shawn Wendell, that is thought of to be the cleanest-burning heavy-duty diesel engine in North America that excursions the Grand Canyon, the Dying Valley, the Valley of Hearth, and the Hoover Dam. Luxurious but rugged, it’s an all-terrain car that’s outfitted with 10 comfy reclining leather-based captain seats, DVD participant with 15-inch TV, emergency kits, highway security equipments, adjustable rear experience suspension (for improved experience high quality), and huge tinted home windows for unparalleled viewing.
- Pink Jeep Wrangler: That is used throughout many of the excursions in Pink Jeep Excursions and it provides nice further passenger room whereas offering clean off-road and terrain cruising. And very similar to the Tour Trekker, that is custom-designed but rebuilt so as to make it into a main tour car match for Pink Jeep Excursions’ objectives.
Grand Canyon West Rim Journey Tour
The Grand Canyon has four completely different components:
- South Rim: (~5 hours from Las Vegas, opens year-round) This half is usually chosen by guests for its abundance of lovely views, visitor-friendly companies, and family-oriented actions. With excursions generally ranging from Tusayan, additionally, you will discover a number of choices for lodging, outlets, and eating places.
- North Rim: (~6 hours from Las Vegas, open from Mid-Could to mid-October) This half is claimed to obtain just one/10th of the variety of guests that the South Rim will get, and this is likely to be as a result of smaller visitation space that’s current in its expanse — for instance, if the South Rim has dozens of main viewpoints, the North Rim solely has three; however it does make for a great quiet getaway.
- East Rim: (~5 hours from Las Vegas, opens year-round) The East Rim has a number of highlights such because the Little Colorado River Tribal Park; however probably the most notable one could be the picturesque Horseshoe Bend which supplies its guests the prospect to have their photos taken from the rim with the Colorado River within the background (a sight that’s not potential from the North or South Rim).
- West Rim: (~three hours from Las Vegas, opens year-round) That is the closest and most accessible portion of the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas with notable spots just like the Glass SkyWalk, Eagle Level, Guano Level, and so forth. As such, that is the 2nd most visited location of the four rims. It’s useful to notice although that it’s situated within the Hualapai Indian Tribal Lands so it’s not part of the Nationwide Park — relaxation assured, it IS part of the Grand Canyon.
For my specific journey with Pink Jeep Excursions, I selected to do their unique West Rim Drive, Fly and Float Journey as a result of I needed to try to expertise the Grand Canyon by automobile, by helicopter, and by boat (by way of the Colorado River) by way of a tour that wouldn’t be too lengthy to take from Las Vegas!
Worth: $475 per particular person
Period: 11 hours
Journey Tip: When you’re doing this tour in winter (November to March), keep in mind to decorate in layers as a result of the temperatures on the Grand Canyon can change drastically — to not point out that it might probably get fairly windy.
- Free door-to-door resort pickup and drop-off from Las Vegas
- BBQ lunch with vegetarian choices, salad and numerous aspect dishes
- Parking and admission charges
- Luxurious Tour Trekker car the place everybody can expertise driving top notch
- Personalised tour with our highly-trained and entertaining journey guides
- Limitless complimentary bottled water
- Small tailors teams for a extra memorable expertise (10 max folks)
- No kids below three are permitted on the tour.
- Skywalk move shouldn’t be included within the tour worth. Tickets could be bought on web site for $25. (For Skywalk ticket purchasers, cameras and cell telephones should not permitted on the Skywalk. This stuff could be saved onsite in lockers, freed from cost, throughout your Skywalk go to.)
- This tour shouldn’t be really useful for individuals with mobility points however collapsible wheelchairs are permitted when accompanied by one other grownup.
Hoover Dam and Joshua Tree images from Shutterstock.com
My journey (naturally) began from my resort and it was veeeery straightforward to identify Pink Jeep Excursions’ Tour Trekker due its brazen shade. And as I stepped in to the car, I may immediately see why it has been referred to as as ‘luxurious but rugged’: the whole lot was spacious, the seats have been oh-so-comfortable, and the home windows have been certainly massive sufficient to provide panoramic views of the Nevada panorama.
Whereas I continued to ogle on the automobile’s options, we went to select up the opposite tour individuals of their respective resorts (which didn’t take too lengthy as a result of pick-up time was early, therefore no nasty visitors). After this, wee began to cruise by way of the desert and our first cease took us to the huge Hoover Dam as we handed by the glittering waters of Lake Mead. When you’re very similar to me who doesn’t know a lot about this dam, let me let you know a little bit of trivia: apparently, this was the tallest dam on this planet! At this time nevertheless, it’s lauded as the most important reservoir in america by quantity when it’s full, and its mills proceed to offer energy not just for Nevada but in addition for the Arizona and California states.
We took our time right here taking images (in addition to shopping for souvenirs in a close-by store on the topmost viewing level); so be at liberty to do the identical — the Pink Jeep Excursions’ information will even be very happy that can assist you out in your images.
As soon as that was achieved with, we continued to make our option to the Grand Canyon in order that we are able to quickly embark on our wonderful helicopter tour. For the meantime, we simply sat again within the trekker and loved the graceful experience while we went by way of the state’s dry terrain — which thoughts you, accommodates the distinctive spike-leafed evergreens that are identified for being the fast-growers of the desert: the Joshua Bushes.
NOTE: If time permits, your Pink Jeep Tour information will gladly move by the Mojave Desert (the driest desert in North America), and even the Arizona aspect of the Hoover Dam (for excellent photograph ops with a backdrop of the Colorado River’s turquoise waters.)
Prime photograph of helicopter from Shutterstock.com
After our drive, we reached the sting of the Grand Canyon’s West Rim and it was right here that I began to get much more excited (then once more, who wouldn’t be?). Once I obtained off our trekker, I began to noticed glimpses of the pure surprise’s sheer majesty and in a heartbeat, I simply couldn’t wait to board our helicopter in order that we are able to get a greater view of all of it — up excessive!
Pink Jeep Excursions companions with both Sundance Helicopters or Papillon Helicopters for this flying expertise and through our specific journey, we went with the previous. To begin the method, Sundance every took our weight, made us watch a security video and steadily directed us to the take-off space. Fortunately, me and my companion’s mixed weight gave us the chance to go on the entrance seats in addition to the pilot that’s why you’ll be able to think about how our pleasure was capturing by way of the roof! (…This wasn’t my first time to experience a helicopter however the thrill and pleasure at all times stays!)
To chop the story brief, our luxurious Sundance helicopter arrived a couple of minutes later and after we have been strapped securely in our seats, it took us four,000 ft into the deeper components of the canyon… and oh boy, it was such a sight!
In all places I regarded, I noticed breathtaking panoramic views that every have their very own distinct form and hues — proof of the wondrous erosion that spanned for about 6 million years by way of four geologic eras.
Simply once I thought that it couldn’t get any higher — it did. In spite of everything, our journey didn’t cease right here.
Our helicopter landed on a spot someplace beside a bit of the Colorado River that was surrounded by towering and picturesque crimson cliffs.
It was in right here that we did the ‘floating‘ a part of the Pink Jeep Excursions expertise and it principally concerned an tour pontoon boat by the Hualapai River Runners. For a number of minutes, we glided by way of the mighty Colorado River in order that we are able to get higher views up shut of the rock formations and luxurious vegetation. The boat driver slash information even gave us some fascinating bits of information in regards to the place in order that was an enormous plus.
After the helicopter tour and earlier than the remainder of the day’s sightseeing sprees, we made our last cease at Guano Level the place our Pink Jeep Excursions information gave us the time to get pleasure from lunch and the encircling highlights of the Grand Canyon’s West Rim.
Concerning our meal, it was a authentic ‘lunch with a view’ affair at Guano Deli that was stuffed with savory dishes of BBQ shredded beef, baked hen, salads and extra whereas we admire the dazzling views round us. It was pure bliss!
Prime photograph of Grand Canyon Skywalk from Shutterstock.com
Guano Level is a strategic place to view dramatic viewpoints of the Grand Canyon West Rim. Beneath are simply a few of the many issues that we did — and which you are able to do — on this wonderful spot!
View the Eagle Level. From the second that you simply step off the bus, you’ll find this wonderful pure crimson rock formation which seemingly has a determine of an eagle in its center portion and that is truly thought of as sacred by the Hualapai Indians. Take your time taking images right here; however take be aware that there aren’t any railings so try to be cautious the place you step foot on. When you’re achieved, you’ll find a small Native American Village close by that has replicas of genuine dwellings from numerous American Indian Tribes which provide you with a glimpse of a less complicated time when Hualapai, Navajo, Plains, Hopi, Havasupi, and different Indian tribes roamed the lands.
Expertise to the Grand Canyon Skywalk. Wanna stand on the sting of the Grand Canyon? In case your reply is a convincing ‘sure’, then you definitely shouldn’t miss a stopover on the Skywalk. Entrance is at $25 per particular person which isn’t included on this Pink Jeep Excursions expertise’s base worth (nevertheless, you’ll be able to organize it forward of time). This place was in-built 2007 and it’s a daring 10-foot broad horseshoe-shaped glass bridge that extends 70 ft out of the West Rim, granting you unobstructed views of the Grand Canyon at four,000 ft beneath. Fact be instructed, this engineering marvel has been profiled by huge names like CNN and the Nationwide Geographic so it’s fairly a must-do! Relaxation assured, this construction can bear the burden of over 747 passenger jets — so no worries there. (NOTE: Cameras are NOT permitted on the Skywalk).
TRIVIA: Again within the 30s, a guano cave (stuffed with collected excrement which is a extremely efficient fertilizer) was found and the U.S. Guano Company purchased the world and constructed a million-worth aerial tramway system to extract the guano from the mine — to what’s now often known as Guano Level.
This was, certainly, an unforgettable expertise that I might like to do once more — and which I might extremely advocate that you simply do everytime you’re within the Las Vegas space! Not solely did I get the perfect views and experiences potential within the Grand Canyon, however I additionally traveled backward and forward there in fashion and luxury.
With all that stated and achieved, Pink Jeep Excursions is the perfect tour firm you could go for in Sedona, Grand Canyon or Las Vegas. Bear in mind: regardless of in case you’re the kind of traveler who fancies gentle / wild adventures, or funds / luxurious escapades, they may at all times have an expertise that’s good for you!
So what are you ready for?
Did you want this text? Observe me on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube and be notified about my latest posts and updates!