I’m certain if something about Portland, you’ve heard that Portland is bizarre. You’ll discover indicators of this throughout this city, however in the event you’re on the lookout for one spot that’s residence to bunch of freaky and peculiar issues, you need to cease by the Freakybuttrue Peculiarium.
The Peculiarium is a very one-of-a-kind museum and is situated in Northwest Portland. It has Sci-Fi artwork reveals, historic oddities, and peculiar city legends. They’ve shows of city legends and absolutely immersive experiences, like what it feels wish to be buried alive! There are many photograph ops and a ton of bizarre art work that you would be able to buy (have I mentioned bizarre sufficient on this publish?).
The music enjoying within the background is eerie too. I’ve a tough time watching scary motion pictures, so strolling round this place gave me the heebie-jeebies. I cautiously turned every nook half anticipating one thing to leap out at me. Fortunately, it wasn’t that type of expertise! ??
In case you ever wished to know what it feels wish to be buried alive…
One of many greatest attracts to this place prior to now was their bug sundae. Individuals would go to from all around the world in hopes that their stomachs can deal with this creepy crawly deal with and be a part of the ranks amongst probably the most adventurous eaters. Sadly, they now not do that, so we didn’t get to partake. Bummer! ?
After strolling via the museum, you’ll be able to flick thru the store and decide up a few of your personal souvenirs to convey residence.
Professional Suggestions for Visiting the Freakybuttrue Peculiarium
- When you put on a good costume, you may get in at no cost. In any other case, it’s $5.
- Canine are additionally welcome and free!
- There may be some graphic shows and it’s not meant for youngsters.
- Name forward to ensure they’re open! They’ve this on their website: “When the climate is cruddy in Portland, like when it’s snowy and icy, or scorching and it’s arduous to get round, we shut down. Useful trace: When you thought you would possibly die in the event you went out in it, (greater than common) then we had been pondering that too.”
- Hours of operation: Weds 11am to 6pm, Thurs via Sat 11am to 7pm, Sunday 11am to 6pm.
The Freakybuttrue Peculiarium and Museum
2234 NW Thurman St.
Portland, Oregon 97210
- Witches Citadel (1.9 miles away)
- Portland Japanese Backyard (2.1 miles away)
- Worldwide Rose Check Backyard (2.2 miles away)
- Pittock Mansion (2.7 miles away)
WANT TO STAY NEARBY? SEE REVIEWS AND BEST PRICES ON
This was #21 on our Final Bucket Record of 101 Issues to Do in Portland Oregon.
Would you place this in your Portland itinerary? What’s the weirdest place you’ve been?